Canon EOS M Series Cameras

I’m loving this little M100 after all the different cameras I’ve had,I’m really enjoying using it without a lot of fuss.

What about the 55-200 m version?
No experience of it tbh, but I have to say I am considering it, as a lightweight alternative, if the quality of the kit lens is anything to go by.

And the m macro lens ,is that good?
The idea is sound with the rim lights, but I can't help feeling that at 28 mm its rather on the short side, especially for critters.

On my M50 I use a Canon 100 mm L, ( with an adapter) not the cheapest by any means,, and auto focus can be a bit slow in low light but the results are rather good.

Hi all, well today I dugout my Raynox 150 & Canon 100mm 2.8L and attached them to my M6 Mark II, but for some reason all I am getting is a blur, no matter where I positioned myself and through every part of manual focus. I know there is nothing wrong with the lens, as I was able to get this test shot without a problem. Any ideas ?5E3991D8-C926-482F-902A-EB54DAF011A5.jpeg

but for some reason all I am getting is a blur,
Possibly not close enough, or if you are shooting around 2.8 at that distance all the background and only the immediate focus point will be in focus,
I suspect the latter?

I’ve also posted in ppp forum but no reply so far.
any canon users who have taken raw file into apple photos getting a magenta hue all over image. Had apple support on phone 90 mins trying to figure it out?
cheers

A nice sunny yesterday, so I finally dusted off the M50 and canon 100 mm L lens.
What a difference a day makes though, cold and snow showers so far ...

Not a flower but a Larch cone in the making approx 3mm high
(Bonsai tree)

169221025_4283925491619944_8862076086004856767_n.jpg

A bee fly sunning itself approx 12mm long + proboscis

169130805_4283925684953258_1272876586161469243_n.jpg

Put something interesting on it ;)

Nice, I like the case too.

The older I get, the more I believe part of the experience of camera onwership is aesthetic. My 5Div, beast though it is, I've never really digged the look of it, same for other DSLRs I've owned. ML has a more retro look, my Fuji X-T10 is a lovely looking thing. The M5 actually looks (and feels) much better than I anticipated.

Last edited:
Time to play.

I've never really had much luck with photographing the moon. We had beautiful clear skies last night and we also have new, LED street lighting, which is much better I find from a light pollution point of view. Anyway, I noticed the moon look very clear so I grabbed the M5, put the 2xTC on and my 100-400L, giving me 1280 mm.

So, first proper image off the M5.

IMG_0008  CS6 JP tp.jpg

Last edited:
A very quick edit and I know, feeder. Had an hour in the hide today to find my feet with the M5.

Light was dull and I could've exposed it slightly better but at ISO 800, murders the 7D.

M5, 100-400L, 2xTC.

IMG_0015 tp.jpg

Hi all,

Just in case you may be interested, I have reduced the price of my Viltrox M to EF adaptors (one is .71x speedbooster type and the other a standard adaptor). They are in mint condition and looking for a good home :)

Thread link here

I'm enjoying taking the M50 out with me when I cycle, attached to my backpack strap with a capture clip. It is a compromise though as often could do with more reach beyond the 55mm of the 18-55. When I've gone out with the efs 55-250, it's a little too bulky and I miss the wide end.

Looks like an efm 18-150 might do the job, but they're mega bucks.

Anyone recommend that one as value for money, or better to consider an alternative that offers similar vfm for the all important weight/size?

One I took as part of my 52 challange
M50 100mm L is macro lens.

012.jpg

Earlier this year, I bought myself a little M5, brand new. I thought I was mad at the time as I have a 5D but there were things I liked about the M5, the main 2 being it's size and weight, as well as the extra 'reach' of a crop sensor. It was also a replacement for my 7D.

It can be noisy if not exposed properly but it will blow the 7D clean out of the water in that respect. I'm happy to work at ISO 1000 with the M5, my 7D would melt at that setting.

The M5 has staggered me, it's a little gem.

IMG_0056 LR CS6 JP  tp.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely detail in the Cormorant @Mike.P
( Or is it a Shag? )

I haven't tried that lens on my M5 but on the strength of your images, I will!
100-400 mkII, Between my gripped 7DII and the M50 I'd say there was nothing in it TBH
( apart from the weight of course )

100-400 mkII, Between my gripped 7DII and the M50 I'd say there was nothing in it TBH
( apart from the weight of course )
I've often wished I had the reach of the 400 when out cycling and spotting red kites, deer and kestrels that seem to elude me when I'm walking. I'll work out a way of carrying securely on the bike, with quick access rather than having it in a backpack.

Back