Canon EOS M Series Cameras

I suspect Canon might just start to throw in a free EVF once these have been out for a while, looks an obvious teaser!!

I had a befree tripod for a while and can say I found it brilliant for being lightweight and compact. I had it before I had the M camera but imagine the M would be perfect for it.

It works really well I thought, even with the hefty 10-20 on with the adapter the ball head still copes well, it comes supplied with a carry bag too. It is quite light as well.

Thanks, will have a look into one.

Just pulled the trigger on a Japanese M3. Wanted to get in early with the EVF offer and still have the option of cancelling should it get release earlier in the UK (unlikely).

For those who have already been through the process, what ID did you supply Tenso/Amazon with? Credit Card statement and passport??

I've been meaning to put some pictures up from mine, but never seem to find the time :D We had a nice early evening moon yesterday though, so stuck a 70-200 and 1.4x convertor on the EOS M and shot this handheld. Didn't think it was too bad?

moon.jpg

I've been meaning to put some pictures up from mine, but never seem to find the time :D We had a nice early evening moon yesterday though, so stuck a 70-200 and 1.4x convertor on the EOS M and shot this handheld. Didn't think it was too bad?

moon.jpg
Great shot.

Just pulled the trigger on a Japanese M3. Wanted to get in early with the EVF offer and still have the option of cancelling should it get release earlier in the UK (unlikely).

For those who have already been through the process, what ID did you supply Tenso/Amazon with? Credit Card statement and passport??

Neither Tenso or Amazon have asked for proof of identity from me yet. I assumed that would happen later once they're ready to ship. Have others had to send stuff?

Neither Tenso or Amazon have asked for proof of identity from me yet. I assumed that would happen later once they're ready to ship. Have others had to send stuff?

I've not been asked yet but I've uploaded my driving licence to Tenso's website in a hope to reduce any delay in shipping. I'm assuming they'll contact me to ask permission to open the box to insert the battery...

Amazon haven't contacted me at all yet, so I'll play that one by ear.

Check out the "My Page" tab on the tenso site (once you are logged in), there are instructions for uploading your documents there. IIRC I don't think I was requested to update my details, but read it needed to be done somewhere. I've slept since then so it's all a bit hazy...

Yep found it thanks gents. Hasn't even thought to look. I'd assumed they'd ask if they wanted it.

Best to get it all sorted in preparation. You don't want to be waiting around when the camera is available and waiting to be released to you ;)

Incidentally I thought I was supposed to receive some sort of "package" to confirm the process was all successful, but haven't got anything as yet. Has anyone else received anything from Tenso? I do have an email from their support team to confirm everything had completed OK (I contacted them with a question - btw on the details form for where it says "Name in Alphabet" just put your full name again, I couldn't figure it out at first, but Tenso explained what it was for and I felt a bit silly...)

I think your first package acts as the confirmation of address if I read that right on their site.

I sent driving licence and CC statement to Tenso. Amazon haven't asked for anything.

Any recommendations for a small case that will hold the eos-m with the kit lens attached?

I searched the thread for case, but it's quite a common word, lol!!

Sadly not used mine much since I bought it after xmas, hopefully being treated to the 22mm f/2 this month, which will make it a lot more pocketable and usable for me - so will be more likely to take it everywhere and get the shots i'd usually miss!!

Any recommendations for a small case that will hold the eos-m with the kit lens attached?

I searched the thread for case, but it's quite a common word, lol!!

Sadly not used mine much since I bought it after xmas, hopefully being treated to the 22mm f/2 this month, which will make it a lot more pocketable and usable for me - so will be more likely to take it everywhere and get the shots i'd usually miss!!
I'm looking for a case as well. Quite a few pages ago on this thread, a few people have recommended the Tamrac Rally Micro, keep meaning to get one to try but haven't got round to it yet. But definitely going to be the one I will be trying.

This is a nice one, though it's gone up in price since I brought it. The m and 18-55 fits snugly in it, I actually purchased mine from asda, weather they still have them in store i don't know.

I do want a new bag though, so I can easily take out the m, 18-55 adapter and 50-200 and probably room for a 10-20 as well. Will be looking at the photography show.

@Sharky it's one of these purchased from first light optics. There is the solar film sheet as well, but went with the ready made filter for ease.

I ordered a similar sheet at the weekend. I went for the Seymour brand as it gives an orangey colour to the Sun, looking forward to it getting here so I can have a go with it.

I bought enough to make a filter for my camera and one for the Missus's scope. She has an EOS adapter for it which I've been meaning to try out since I bought it for her for Christmas.

What mm were you at with that picture Micheal? (and is it cropped)

David

The 22mm is a fantastic lens, in fact it's the only one I have! Here's a recent shot, wide open and a little pp.

View attachment 31983

I ordered a similar sheet at the weekend. I went for the Seymour brand as it gives an orangey colour to the Sun, looking forward to it getting here so I can have a go with it.

I bought enough to make a filter for my camera and one for the Missus's scope. She has an EOS adapter for it which I've been meaning to try out since I bought it for her for Christmas.

What mm were you at with that picture Micheal? (and is it cropped)

David

At 500mm and cropped quite a bit.

10438-1425576611-3643cf195ffe394df535737b3d65a386.jpg

Managed to get this with the M, adapter and EF-S 55-250. Think I just got lucky that it was in reasonable focus :)

Nice shot.

The 55-250 is a great lens. I took the STM version ona month tour of Europe last September with it. I rate it better than the M 55-200.

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: SMT
Amazon have revised their release date for the M3:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-EOS-M...8&qid=1425628881&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+eos+m3

30th April. I'm now pretty pleased that I've ordered from Japan, but on the other hand I'm slightly disappointed that there won't be any reviews in the meantime.

Changed from March 6th to April 30th? I'll bet people that have pre-ordered from Amazon are happy

Still saying 31st March on Amazon Japan (I'll keep my fingers crossed)

Gorgeous day by the looks of it, (well it is down south, apologies if it's not else where!!), typical that I forgot to bring my M out this morning.

moon.jpg

Great pic!

I haven't posted pictures in this thread before (I don't think) and thought it about time I contributed some so here goes.

On Friday night we loaded the camper up with our cameras and spent the night down at Praa Sands. The idea was to get up early the next day and get some moody shots of tin mines in the area whilst it was really overcast. Well we didn't get up to early and it wasn't overcast at all, but had a fun day.

I'm obviously not in the same league as a lot of the posters in this thread (yet I hope) but here are a few shots.

IMG_0340.jpg

Botallack Mine taken with the EF-M 55-200 (ISO 400, f13, 61mm 10 Stop, 6 Seconds)
IMG_0332.jpg

And Again but 75mm
IMG_0349.jpg

Also part of the Botallack Mines, taken with EF-M 11-22 @12mm ISO400, f9, 1/1250th
IMG_0366.jpg

Wheal Coates, St Agnes. EF-M 18-55mm @26mm ISO400, f9, 1/640th
IMG_0411.jpg

And another from Wheal Coates. EF-M 11-22 @11mm ISO200, f8, 1/800th -1 Exposure.

Of course and criticism is very welcome.

I really like those. Must get out with the ND filter myself and have a go.

I was using a SRB 10 stop which is pretty good for the price but does make pictures a little red. It's not much of an issue though as it's a 2 second fix adjusting the white balance in Lightroom and it's then fine.

I'm seriously considering getting a good filters kit for use with my M system and I've been doing some searching this morning. At first I looked at the Lee Seven5 system. I mistakenly assumed that as the filters were much smaller then the prices would be as well. No, still need to sell a kidney to buy the kit :eek:

So I've been looking at the Hitech Firecrest filters which are glass and reasonably priced. I also like that they sell a 13 and 16 stop filter.

Does anyone have the Hitech filters? Are they a good choice?

I have a Birthday at the end of the month and the Missus keeps asking what I'd like. If these are good then I think this will be it.

I was using a SRB 10 stop which is pretty good for the price but does make pictures a little red. It's not much of an issue though as it's a 2 second fix adjusting the white balance in Lightroom and it's then fine.

I'm seriously considering getting a good filters kit for use with my M system and I've been doing some searching this morning. At first I looked at the Lee Seven5 system. I mistakenly assumed that as the filters were much smaller then the prices would be as well. No, still need to sell a kidney to buy the kit :eek:

So I've been looking at the Hitech Firecrest filters which are glass and reasonably priced. I also like that they sell a 13 and 16 stop filter.

Does anyone have the Hitech filters? Are they a good choice?

I have a Birthday at the end of the month and the Missus keeps asking what I'd like. If these are good then I think this will be it.
How do you find focusing with the M with the filter on? On my other EOS lens's I focus, then flick the switch to manual focus which holds the focus and can then put filter on. How do you do this on the M?

How do you find focusing with the M with the filter on? On my other EOS lens's I focus, then flick the switch to manual focus which holds the focus and can then put filter on. How do you do this on the M?

This is where the M really shines against any DSLR I've used :)

To use the 10 stop I fit the filter, flick it to AV, leave it on AF and set the ISO and f setting.

Give it a second and the M compensates for the 10 stop and live view is as normal (as is focus).

I was even taking bracketed shots yesterday without any manual control. Just sat on tripod, touch the screen where I want it to focus and click the remote. The M makes long exposure so simple ;)

This is where the M really shines against any DSLR I've used :)

To use the 10 stop I fit the filter, flick it to AV, leave it on AF and set the ISO and f setting.

Give it a second and the M compensates for the 10 stop and live view is as normal (as is focus).

I was even taking bracketed shots yesterday without any manual control. Just sat on tripod, touch the screen where I want it to focus and click the remote. The M makes long exposure so simple ;)
Awesome, I was put off trying it as know it's not the greatest focus system. Going to have to have a go!!

Back