Canon EOS M10 mirrorless

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Hi.

What the experience of other with Canon M series mirrorless.

I recently bought one and the only this i don't like is the lack of a hot shoe. I've had to buy an underslung accessory bracket to put my Speedlight on.

That and the quirkiness of Canon controls in general. The saving grace on the is it has a touch screen.
:)

I have an M5 and whilst it's considerably different from the M10, it's from the same stable. I love my M5. I use it as a back up to my 5Div. The M5 has amazed me on many occasions. It shares its sensor with the 80D. I think all Ms make great carry about cameras and I use my M5 with a 100-400L and that combo is quite small, smaller than some bridge cameras.

The M10 is a little more basic and slightly older too although it does share quite a few features of other Ms.

Completely agree with @dale - I love mine too. I have the M6 MkII as a backup to my DSLR, along with most of the M mount lenses. I can carry almost eveything in one bag without breaking my back (the reason I moved to the M system a few years ago - back injury). It is very convenient when you dont want to lug a load of gear around or when travelling. There are a lot of 3rd party lenses for the M mount as well, including Sigma and also Loawa macro lenses, not to mention the EF adaptor.

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies. I have a Sony SEL30M35 E Mount - APS-C 30 mm F3.5 Macro Prime Lens for my A6000, but I was wondering if there is a similar lens for my M10?

The Sony lens gives great macro pictures as well as distant shots as far as 2 feet away.

I would suggest the EF-M adapter, opens up a whole new world of any EF/EFS mount lenses. The adaption is seamless.

I often use my 100 f2.8l on my M5, with the adapter. It punches well above its weight.

Hi.

Thanks, but a bit too pricey for me. I picked up the Sony lens for £190 ish.

Hi.

Thanks, but a bit too pricey for me. I picked up the Sony lens for £190 ish.

You will pick up a used Sigma 105 mm f2.8 EX for well under £200 and an adapter for around £60.

That level of macro ability isn't going to come much cheaper tbh.

Back