Canon EOS M3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
With the first batch of this camera currently making its way from the other side of the globe, I thought I should create a new thread to combat the mounting excitement.

Post here your greatest hopes and desires for this little unit, along with impressions and queries when they do finally land.

header.jpg

I decided to make my original M look more like the M3 by adding a hotshot cover :clap:

View attachment 34038
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111602361569

Also is the kit lens different? It looks really black in that image above, not the lighter steel grey that all the other M lenses are?

The main annoyance I have with the M is that the mode wheel moves too easily causing it to change to automatic when I'm slinging it around, the M3 looks like it solves that anyway with the new dials, but its too expensive for me to upgrade to.

P.S I think they should make a full frame version the M3F (for Full Frame), I'd buy that! The only choices as it stands are a sony or a Leica M Series.

I also think its a shame they got rid of the new EOS M strap connector as its a nice touch, I have the canon wrist strap in black leather and very happy with it.

Look forward to seeing people reviews of the M3

Last edited:
I decided to make my original M look more like the M3 by adding a hotshot cover :clap:

View attachment 34038
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111602361569

Also is the kit lens different? It looks really black in that image above, not the lighter steel grey that all the other M lenses are?

The main annoyance I have with the M is that the mode wheel moves too easily causing it to change to automatic when I'm slinging it around, the M3 looks like it solves that anyway with the new dials, but its too expensive for me to upgrade to.

P.S I think they should make a full frame version the M3F (for Full Frame), I'd buy that! The only choices as it stands are a sony or a Leica M Series.

I also think its a shame they got rid of the new EOS M strap connector as its a nice touch, I have the canon wrist strap in black leather and very happy with it.

Look forward to seeing people reviews of the M3
I got a hotshoe cover with the original M, surprisingly enough I've managed to not lose it too o_0

Good point about the lens. I haven't read or seen anything to suggest as such, so suspect it might be a processing thing! Agree about the strap connectors, they are nice and work well on the M!

Really what was wrong with the eos m thread did we need another one to spread the chit chat out?

Really what was wrong with the eos m thread did we need another one to spread the chit chat out?
There are quite a few differences between the cameras, including sensors along with various other bits of functionality. I thought it would avoid confusion by creating a separate thread, and thought that was the way of things in this forum ( there are numerous other threads about specific camera bodies). Besides this thread is 45 pages in now, and it would make it easier to find stuff specific to the M3. That was my thinking anyway, but I'm not overly bothered if you want to keep everything in one thread.

I don't see a problem with having separate threads for the M bodies. The 7D and 7D11 have separate threads. I don't have a 7D11, so never read the posts for that body, but I do have 7D, so will be interested in anything that is posted there. :)

I don't see a problem with having separate threads for the M bodies. The 7D and 7D11 have separate threads. I don't have a 7D11, so never read the posts for that body, but I do have 7D, so will be interested in anything that is posted there. :)
Although there are separate threads for these bodies (which I why I thought I should create this one) I've subsequently found another thread for some of the mirrorless options that are grouped together. There are a fair few people saying they would like to keep everything in on thread, so I'll ask the Admins to close this thread and update the title of the EOS M thread to reflect it now caters for all M bodies. If at a later date it becomes too confusing with all bodies in one thread, we can always open a separate one.

Last edited:
Although there are separate threads for these bodies (which I why I thought I should create this one) I've subsequently found another thread for some of the mirrorless options that are grouped together. There are a fair few people saying they would like to keep everything in on thread, so I'll ask the Admins to close this thread and update the title of the EOS M thread to reflect it now caters for all M bodies. If at a later date it becomes too confusing with all bodies in one thread, we can always open a separate one.

The one problem I see with "one thread covers all", Tim, is that in no time, we shall have dozens of pages and thousands of posts. However, I am happy to go with the flow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back