Canon FD lens problems

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, just a quick question regarding my Hoya 200mm lens. Basically, the locking ring has stuck in the unlocked position whilst off the camera and i can't get it to budge for love nor money. Also, whilst trying to get it to move i've noticed the the aperture ring doesn't actually do anything, now i don't know if these two things are connected or not :thinking:

the only thing to add is that i've had it on the camera once or twice and went on and off with no problems, the aperture ring was also working then.

here's afew pics if that helps :)

4890707086_789af52c3b_z.jpg

4890086289_7560c78c8b_z.jpg

and just like that i've solved it :LOL: if you put it on the camera the rings work fine, must be some sort of mechanism to stop the workings moving while off the camera :LOL: i'm so stupid :bonk::bonk::bonk:

how do i delete threads? unless a mod can come along and do this for me? :)

No, leave it here... we can all laugh at you in public and quietly remember when we once took a 50mm FD apart for the same reason...

Never went quite as far as ripping one apart Arthur, but I have to confess that I'd forgotten FD lenses stopped down when removed from the camera body, and had a bit of a wobbly when I got the A-1 and dug out my old lenses :)

I had exactly the same probs. Aperture wouldn't physically change when turning the ring. And the open lock ring allows aperture to open when it says lock! Work that one out! Once you have it's childs play!

well at least i'm not alone! i just wish i hadn't gone about the whole thing so publicly :LOL: at least if someone searches this now they'll know and i'll have saved others from such embarrassment :LOL:

Back