Canon G10

Edit My Images
No
I recently brought a cheap p&s as I wanted something to keep in my handbag, without having to lug all my gear around... well I wish I hadn't bothered, am not happy with the results! So I have decided to go the other way & spend a substantial amount of money and go for the Canon G10 as it gives me all the functions and flexibility I am used to in a nice easy handbag size! Has any one here got one of these, and before I part with my hard earned ££ is it worth all that money??? I'd love to hear your comments. Thanks

Can't help you on the G10 front but I have a G9 and its a great camera tbh. However this is still a compact camera and has a 'compact' sensor so although results from it are good/very good they are not the quality you will get from an SLR.

None the less I am more than happy with my G9 :)

I recently brought a cheap p&s as I wanted something to keep in my handbag, without having to lug all my gear around... well I wish I hadn't bothered, am not happy with the results! So I have decided to go the other way & spend a substantial amount of money and go for the Canon G10 as it gives me all the functions and flexibility I am used to in a nice easy handbag size! Has any one here got one of these, and before I part with my hard earned ££ is it worth all that money??? I'd love to hear your comments. Thanks

Yes, I have one. It looked great, and I bought it for when I don't want to lug my SLR kit around. Haven't used it much yet, though. If you want to use filters on it, you have to buy an adaptor.

All the reviews say its performance above ISO 200 is rubbish - personally I can't imagine wanting to use it above 200ASA bearing in mind it has built in IS, but others may differ. Depending how far you want to dig in to the menus, etc, it could be a very complex beast.

It doesn't come with a memory card OR a paper manual. Having failed to get the latter from Canon, I eventually shelled out for one from Old Timer Cameras.

i have a g9 and its great ive shot at iso1600:naughty:

i had to print a manual of its a pain

i did mention this on the canon stand at focus they wouldnt listen kept saying people didnt want one but also people had complained there wasnt one
bloody stupid theres a lot to learn ....:shrug:

ive sold all my handbags :nuts:

but it fits in most of my jacket pockets (y)

ive sold all my handbags :nuts:

but it fits in most of my jacket pockets (y)

lol, I'm going to have to sell all my handbags too I think!

I can understand it not coming with a memory card, but no manual??? Can I download one off the canon web site?

Also read that it has manual focus, how does this work?

Thanks for all the advice

ZD

you can it took my printer an hour

i then bought a a5 folder another hour shopping

then spent a further 2 hours cutting and punching holes

so canon gives us the manuals please....:bonk:

forgot i bought a 4gb sdhc card from amazon as after research it seemed the best

i wasnt sure if it would take an 8gb

Popped into Jessops earlier to have a look at the camera and the guy said that Canon are putting their prices up soon so I had getter buy it soon... Was he just being a cheeky salesman & trying to scare me to buy?

Popped into Jessops earlier to have a look at the camera and the guy said that Canon are putting their prices up soon so I had getter buy it soon... Was he just being a cheeky salesman & trying to scare me to buy?

Not as such, all the camera manufacturers are putting or have already put their prices up significantly. I'd have thought you could get one much cheaper from an online store too. Amazon are showing as as the cheapest on www.camerapricebuster.co.uk

Just ordered it online with Amazon, should receive fri!!! Thanks for all the advice, I'll let you know how it is!
ZD

Back