Hello,can anyone help with,where i can find pictures when i record a video then you are able to shoot photo,but on the video record im seen and heard a pause and no any photo samples on my SD card,why ?
I don't have experience of the G3X but can help understand what you are saying.
1) are you saying that when shooting a video the camera should 'record' a still image by pressing the shutter button but you cannot find the still and only hear a click on the audio track and a pause where you pressed the shutter button??? Does the user manual give specific instructions of how to take a still image while you are making a video??? If it does ok but if it does not what made you think it would do do?
2) I looked for some reference to how to extract a still frame from a video (I wonder if this is the only way to get such s still image?) here is a guide on Canon USA site that might be of some help, I hope
are you saying that when shooting a video the camera should 'record' a still image but you cannot find the still and only hear a click on the audio track and a pause where you pressed the shutter button???
yes ,this is exactly what im thinking,very good understanding . 2. second ansver , sorry , no . camera cost 800 pounds. and like lags on video,pause with recorded shatter and have no photos ! eaven on oldest cameras can take photo same time with video and have no problems,but here ? something goin wrong.
Ok I have downloaded the manual and found the section copied here from page 74. Copying it has lost some graphics so do refer to your manual for full clarity.
To me it reads that to take a still shot while recording a movie will only happen if your choice of memory card speed is high enough and other conditions. If any or all of the conditions are not right you will not be able to take those still images.
Note ~ you mention lags/pauses on video, this to me suggests your memory card does not meet the specification needed to record video as well as possible and that based on one of the criteria copied below is a reason why you are not able to take still images
Please state exact specifications of the memory card you are using.
Shooting Still Images during Movie Recording
Still Images Movies
Shoot still images during movie recording as follows.
1 While shooting a movie, focus on a
z Make sure that [ ] is displayed, and
then press the shutter button halfway.
z Focus and exposure are now readjusted.
(However, the camera does not beep.)
z Movie recording will continue.
z Press the shutter button all the way
z Your shot will be recorded.
● Shooting still images during movie recording may not be possible
when the memory card’s recording speed is slow, or when there is
not enough free internal memory.
- [ ] (blinking): Image processing for recording is in progress.
You can shoot when the icon stops blinking.
- [ ]: Still images cannot be shot.
In [ ] mode, [ ] is displayed during movie recording, and still
images cannot be shot.
● When still images are captured during movie recording, the still
image and shutter sound are included in the movie.
● The flash does not fire.
● Movie recording may stop if shooting still images fills up the internal memory
shame for Canon. 800 pounds camera with an issues which have not on cameras in price range 300 - 400 pounds. i find where is a problem,my memory card is to fast,thats why cant take photos same time with video,now i take older sd cards and get video and separate photos,but anyway,its not normal when you record video and wanna take photo its pause and records clicks from photo shooting,this feature is so cheap.shame,so shame Canon. i want return camera ,thats it. Thank you very much for your time Box Brownie.
Just a thought, is the still image being recorded on the cameras own internal memory? if so then it won't be on the card and you will need to connect the camera to your computer via the lead that came with it.