Canon ip8750 printer How do I print a pre-profile print

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Canon Ip8750 printer that I run from a Imac, The advice I am looking for please, is before I use the profiler to make a print profile I have to print the profile colour chart be it EG: canon paper, hp paper, Kodak paper. I would need to print on one of those papers
with no profile from the printer, before I run the profiler over them print to make the profile. Hope I have explained it ok and thank you for any advice.

You use whatever paper you want to make the print profile for! When the profiling device reads the patch chart it compares the colours printed with the colours in the digital file and creates a profile with the adjustments it needs to make to get a correctly coloured print on the paper in question. So you need a seperate print profile for each paper you use. As Paul says, make sure you print the patch chart using the Adobe color print utility or the ColorSync utility to ensure you print without any colour management applied.

Thank you for all replies, but what I don't understand is I can use that program ok but on number 4 on this page is says Set Colour Management to Off. Some printer drivers turn off Color Management automatically.
I have spent most the day trying to find out how to do this on a mac and I don't think it will turn it off automatically.

What software are you using to create the profile? The link Paul has posted gives good guidance on how colour management is disabled in the driver...

My X-rite software has a print routine for the charts where CM is disabled as I believe other profiling software should. (I could be wrong I am only familiar with X-rite)

I pick up my X-rite colour studio pro today. Up until now I have just been profiling my monitor with a X-rite i1display pro from the advice I have received, to do my pre - profile test chart
I use the Adobe colour printer utility and my colour management will greyed out, but on the colorSync , I then just choose the paper in settings as close to the one I want to use.
I was just concerned about spending this money on a X-rite colour studio pro and maybe I could have gone for a higher grade printer then my canon Ip8750.
But I want to try different papers so I guess I will need a profiler at some time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 09.01.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 09.01.05.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 7
If you mean the i1 Studio then you print straight from the studio app, no need to worry about any other software... the X-rite software takes care of it all for you.

I pick up my X-rite colour studio pro today. Up until now I have just been profiling my monitor with a X-rite i1display pro from the advice I have received, to do my pre - profile test chart
I use the Adobe colour printer utility and my colour management will greyed out, but on the colorSync , I then just choose the paper in settings as close to the one I want to use.
I was just concerned about spending this money on a X-rite colour studio pro and maybe I could have gone for a higher grade printer then my canon Ip8750.
But I want to try different papers so I guess I will need a profiler at some time.
The way you are using the Adobe color printer utility looks right to me :)
Many paper manufacturers/suppliers offer a free or cheap profiling service, where you print of a patch chart and send it to them, and they generate the profile for you, so it isn't absolutely necessary to do your own print profiling. But having your own profiling device is more convenient.

Just to repeat... If using the i1 studio software to prepare your profiles there is no need to use any other software to print your charts. Print them from within the studio software and with recent Canon drivers the settings within the driver will be correct.

(just a tip... when measuring, place a couple of sheets of the same paper below the printed chart)

Back