Canon IP8750 printing problems - pink colour cast

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I have only had this printer about three months, and it has performed well, until I had to change three of the cartridges - grey, cyan and yellow.
I purchased some after market cartridges from the local Harbow shop, and the prints I have just produced look very washed out with a definite pink cast to them. I also printed one monochrome and it came out very pink with hardly any black.
Is this likely to be down to the cartridges?

Yup. Change them ASAP (the problem won't get better!) and run a few prints through to flush the crap, cheap ink out. Canon inks aren't cheap but they're worth the extra IMO. Print fewer, better if money's tight.
Somewhere in the printer preferences dialogue boxes should be an option to print using the black and grey inks only - should give better B&W prints than you'll get using all of the colours.

Thanks for that advice.
I was just doing a few prints to test the latest images for colour and contrast.
They were so bad it is a complete farce.
I will stick to Canon for now on.

A tip for getting the price down of your cartridges. Companies on eBay that sell printers for decorative cake icing always use new canon printers bundled with their edible ink cartridges. They then sell on the genuine ink that were supplied with the new printers.

Just a quick update.
I did a couple of nozzle cleans yesterday (heaven knows how much ink that used!), and gradually the colours started coming back to normal. With the two weeks holiday and everything, I had probably not printed up any colour images for about five weeks. I will be keeping an eye on the situation, and will try printing some small colour images every couple of days.

I try to run at least 1 A4 colour photo through my 100-Pro. Kept the print head clear on the iX4000 it replaced.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Tried everything including some commercial head cleaner from an engineer friend, but nothing worked. Bought a new printer.

I've now programmed myself to run a nozzle check print out through the machine every week. Gives each nozzle a full work out and tells me if anything needs cleaning. Cheaper than yet another new printer.

If you wish to cut the cost of printing then The best inks you can get are OCP inks I have used them for years and are as close to OEM as you can get. I uses to have a CISS but now I have found a good and easy way to refill and reset the chip. I can now get 9 to10 refiles for the cost of one set of OEM inks

Back