Canon L 85mm 1.2. - very loose focussing ring?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have just bought one of these and the focussing mechanism is very free. So when i am manually focussing and turning the focussing ring there is little or no resistance. It almost seems floppy and loose.
I purchased a 50mm 1.2 L lens at the same time and the focussing ring on that is nice and tight. I did buy the lenses used but 'as new' and i can tell that they have hardly had any use.
Any advice gratefully received.

I have a 85 F1.2 (Mk 1 version) and the focussing ring is loose, compared to some of my other lenses, although I wouldn't say it was 'floppy'

Never really noticed it before until you mentioned it, and doesn't have any effect on performance.

The 85L is unusual in that it is full time electronic focus. Try focussing with the body switched off and nothing will happen. The focus ring is not connected to the optics and hence the drag you normally feel, is missing.

Bob

The 85L is unusual in that it is full time electronic focus. Try focussing with the body switched off and nothing will happen. The focus ring is not connected to the optics and hence the drag you normally feel, is missing.

Bob
Bob is spot on. (As usual.)

Back