Canon "L" lenses

Edit My Images
No
does anyone have picts taken using a standard lens then using the same settings have the same pict taken using an "L" Lens?

just wanna see how good the glass is.:geek:

I don't have anything I can show you to compare, but there is a big difference when you change to a prime L lens, I suddenly discovered that I could get a decent birdie picture, shame the one I borrowed is well out of my price range though!!

I am in the process of selling my current lenses and just having 2 L ones, the Canon 1.4 teleconverter and the nifty, so you can see the effect using one has had on me :LOL:

Try hiring one or see if you could borrow one from someone - beware its a slippery slope though!

The usual benefits are additional sharpness and colour reproduction. Things like internal zoom, non-rotation front elements during focusing and parfocal behaviour are more common on the 'L' series lenses.

Here's a quick test I did between an el cheapo Sigma 70-300 EX DG APO lens and a Canon 24-105mm 'L' lens with IS. I think the Canon performs better under a wider range of conditions. Under ideal conditions (ie. good lighting), it's difficult to tell them apart...

Absolutely no processing except for about a 50% crop on both.

Sigma 70-300 f/4 iso 200 1/125 at 100mm

70-300.jpg

Canon 24-105 'L' lens f/4 iso 200 1/125 at 97mm

24-105.jpg

i've heard rteal good stuff about the L lenses, ekimeno u got other picts? cos they look pretty sim ilar to me

Back