Canon lens for High Key?

Edit My Images
No
Hi so i was reading an article recently that said some canon lenses are pretty awful for high key and some are good but i didnt list many.

I was wondering what experiences people have had for high key portraiture and if anyone could recommend which lenses they have found to work best from canon.
I cant afford to test all the lenses out so i was hoping from those that had tested a few lenses.

thanks

It's totally beyond my limited mental capacity why any lens would be better or worse than another at blowing the highlights out of any given image... :shrug:

It's totally beyond my limited mental capacity why any lens would be better or worse than another at blowing the highlights out of any given image... :shrug:

I'd imagine it would have something to do with how each lens copes with CA. As for which lens, haven't a clue.

I'm far from expert, but if its any help all the lenses I have used are more than capable of blowing the highlights (unintentional of course ;) ), and some can even blow the lowlights (takes a bit more work!!). I have not found any CA on them and when I have had a go in the studio there has been no problem with it.
Best thing is to have a go with the lenses you have got and see if you feel there is something more that you want from the lens.

yeah apparently some lenses produce terrible CA and some even have large purple dots appear on the images. just dont want to spend money on a good lens but find it suffers from that.

yeah apparently some lenses produce terrible CA and some even have large purple dots appear on the images. just dont want to spend money on a good lens but find it suffers from that.

I assume this is what you mean (Longitudinal (Axial) Chromatic Aberrations (LoCA)]

http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/158-canon-ef-50mm-f12-usm-l-test-report--review?start=1

Not sure why, but this does always seem to be an issue with very fast glass.

Take a look at the reviews on Photozone as they usually test for LoCA.

yeah thats what i mean, thanks for that and will be using that site, very useful thank you.

Back