Canon lens prices

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
First the new 24-70mm f2.8 comes out at a staggering £1899 and now we have the option of a 24-70mm F4 (with IS and Macro facility) at a mere £1499. Is it just me or are these prices ridculous? I mean, you could buy two really decent laptops for those prices. Nikons 24-70mm suddenly seems like a bargain.
Personally, IS does not interest me - most of my exposures are tripod mounted and over 1 second- so it would be nice to have a non IS but same quality version at a reduced price.

There's always the 24-105/4.

First the new 24-70mm f2.8 comes out at a staggering £1899 and now we have the option of a 24-70mm F4 (with IS and Macro facility) at a mere £1499. Is it just me or are these prices ridculous? I mean, you could buy two really decent laptops for those prices. Nikons 24-70mm suddenly seems like a bargain.

Demand v output (Nikon and Canon manufacturing bases hit by earthquakes and floods). Everything costing more, raw materials etc.

My advice would be buy the MKI 24-70mm F2.8, its 1/2 the price used and is still a very good lens

Agree with Pete. The mk1 is a great lens. If you can get one, because of the high prices of the mk2 version, people are tending to hold on to them, and second hand prices for them are still quite steep.
Dean.

Back