Canon Lens repair

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I wonder if anyone could recommend a decent lens repair company with a good turn around.
My 24-105mm L developed a fault on Saturday 3/4 way through a wedding and need to get it sorted ASAP

cheers in advance

Darryl

Are you a CPS member? Quicker turnaround for repair at any of the Canon authorised repairers.

From Canon's website:

Colchester Camera Repair Services Picture_CPS Logo
Professional Camera*, Lens, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Digital Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

* Except the EOS 1DX and EOS 5D Mk 3 which can only be serviced at the Canon (UK) RCC.

The following Digital Compact Cameras will not be serviced by Colchester Cameras - PowerShot A490, PowerShot A495, PowerShot A800, PowerShot A810, PowerShot A1200, PowerShot A1300, PowerShot A2300, PowerShot A2400 and PowerShot A3400. These products must go direct to the Canon (UK) RCC.

Colchester Cameras sell spare parts for Canon Photo Products

6 Kings Court
Off Newcomen Way
Severalls Business Park
Colchester
CO4 9RA

Tel: 01206 843 322
Fax: 01206 843 323

Web: http://www.camera-repair.co.uk

H. Lehmann Limited Picture_CPS Logo
AnalogueVideo, Professional Camera*, Lens, Digital Video (Except HD models), Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Digital Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

* Except the EOS 1DX and EOS 5D Mk 3 which can only be serviced at the Canon (UK) RCC.

(H. Lehmann service the following SD camcorders: FS Series and HD Camcorders: HF10/11/20/21/100/200, HF S10/S11/S100, HG10/20/21, HR10, HV10/20/30/40)

The following Digital Compact Cameras will not be serviced by H. Lehmann - PowerShot A490, PowerShot A495, PowerShot A800, PowerShot A810, PowerShot A1200, PowerShot A1300, PowerShot A2300, PowerShot A2400 and PowerShot A3400. These products must go direct to the Canon (UK) RCC.

H. Lehmann can sell spare parts for Canon Photo & Video Products

247-249 London Road
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 5AA

Tel: 01782 413 611
Fax: 01782 744 579

Web: www.hlehmann.co.uk

Canon (UK) RCC Picture_CPS Logo
Projectors, Professional Camera*, Lens, Digital Video, Webcameras, Scanner, Binoculars, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

* Including the EOS 1DX and EOS 5D Mk 3 which can only be serviced at the Canon (UK) RCC.

(Video - including HD models)

The following Digital Compact Cameras will only be serviced by the Canon (UK) RCC - PowerShot A490, PowerShot A495, PowerShot A800, PowerShot A810, PowerShot A1200, PowerShot A1300, PowerShot A2300, PowerShot A2400 and PowerShot A3400.

For information on repair prices please click here

Unit 130 Centennial Avenue
Centennial Park
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

For Repair Status Information please click here.
Average repair turnaround times for non CPS members is 10 working days subject to spare parts availability or date the estimate was proceeded by the customer.

Tel: 0844 369 0100
Please be aware that this number will connect you to our helpdesk. Select option 3 where the customer support agent will try to resolve your general repair enquiry. Please note that some calls may have to be referred to the Canon repair centre who will return your call as soon as possible.

Fax: 0208 731 4139
Web: http://www.canon.co.uk

Fixation Picture_CPS Logo
Professional Camera*, Professional Lens, Lens, Flash

Unit C
250 Kennington Lane
London
SE11 5RD

Tel: 0207 582 3294
Fax: 0207 582 9052

Web: http://www.fixationuk.com

Although I'd avoid Lehmann's, sent my 100-400 to them a few years ago to get some dust out, came back in the exactly the same state, charged me £140 :bang:

Fixationhas a very good rep here, so may well worth checking them out.

Last edited:
Thanks got the reply, sadly I'm not a member, I'll give fixation a go....

Darryl

I sent one of my lesnes to Canon in Elstree before. They turned it round for me in less than a week.. will see if I can dig out the details

Cheers for the info, it's getting packaged and sent to Canon RCC

Darryl

Just to chip in...
I hand delivered my 100-400 into Elstree and asked for it to be done ASAP (I think they quote 10 working days?).... anyway the next day they said it was done, and they would courier it out to me next day again. So 2 days from dropping it off, getting it serviced, and having it back in my hands again!

Wow.... I hope the service is as quick for mine....

Darryl

took 5 weeks to fix a siezed tripod collar on my lens at els
tree.........

I tend to use Canon but also impressed with Colchester Camera Repairs - I used them before I became a Canon wotsit gold member.

I've used H Lehman before for lens problems (link in the first reply of this thread)
I got my lens fixed and back within 7 days.
Excellent service and reasonable price I thought

We use Fixation in London, always had a good, fast turnaround with them and at a reasonable price so never needed to try any of the others.

Just an update on this, sent it to Canon RCC, who have then forwarded it to Lehmans with a return price of £220 for the repair.... New AF Drive & flex needed at £66..... The rest is labour :-O

Darryl

Back