Canon M5 Repair

Edit My Images
Yes
Recently sold an M5 on eBay, nearly two weeks later the buyer requests a refund saying it doesn't turn on. Tried asking him a few questions but got limited responses basically saying "no idea must be faulty". Got it back yesterday and it's not powering up, there is a mark on the base that wasn't there when sent so I've photographed that and sent it to eBay. I know I'm going to have to refund as the chance of eBay siding with me are slim to none. Anyway to get to the point does anyone have any idea of what it could be, is there anything obvious to check other than batteries which I have. I've emailed a few places about repairs, fixation don't do M series is there anywhere else that's recommended. Thanks in advance.

Canon Elstree?

Isn't there a way of logging a repair request on the Canon site......that ends up at Elstree?

I've contacted them to see what they are saying, their website suggests they are only doing professional level repairs ie you need the camera for income at the moment due to reduced staffing. I've spoken to the local camera shop who do repairs and they are £180 for a major service with 12 month warranty and any parts needed on top. Which as I feared probably doesn't make it economically worthwhile to get it repaired.

And as I thought eBay sided with the buyer.

Back