Canon MPe 65

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
The more I see macro photography the more I like it. The more I see pics from the MPe 65 the more I want one.... only problem is that I have nikon kit.

Is it worthwhile buy a cheap(ish) canon camera and this lens for marco photography only? I like the nikon kit and dont really want to switch as I have spent a fair amount of time and money collecting the bits that I currently have!

Well considering the MPE-65 is around £800
And a macro flash is around £300 or upto £700

A cheap canon camera, 350D or 400D will cost you £200-300

Its going to cost you over £1,000. There is someone on here with a MPE65 with a 350D and he gets cracking photos.

forgot about the flash! :bang:

realise it will be expensive, but it will be sometime before I am ready to take the plunge of going full canon and mpe for marco photos only... but giving it serious thought (for the future).

The lens is a similar price to the Nikon 105mm macro that I want, but the MPe has much more potential!

Another thing to consider.
Using your nikon flash.

If it has a PC port then connect it via PC to the camera, as It will still work :)

PS: This would mean that you would have to have the flash off-camera, so have it on a flash macro thingy?

An idea to consider untill you go full Canon

Another thing to consider.
Using your nikon flash.

If it has a PC port then connect it via PC to the camera, as It will still work :)

PS: This would mean that you would have to have the flash off-camera, so have it on a flash macro thingy?

An idea to consider untill you go full Canon

Good idea... I have a home studio that I am finishing off now, cheapy flash units and skyport triggers.

I like that, " until you go full canon" :clap: :bat:

:) Canon is where it's at.

And yeh the studio lights would work indoors, but if u want to do outdoor macro, do you have a battery pack for them?

:) Canon is where it's at.

And yeh the studio lights would work indoors, but if u want to do outdoor macro, do you have a battery pack for them?

no battery pack yet... but indoors is a good place to start, especially considering how much it rains out here

Back