Canon NP-E3 battery advice

Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking at getting a spare np-e3 battery and was wondering if anyone can recommend any particular makes or whether it's not worth the risk and stick with the genuine canon one. I used sterlingtek batteries with my 30D but only in the grip.

i use the ones from 7 day shop and they are superb

i use the ones from 7 day shop and they are superb
I was looking at those and at about £25 for two I like the look of them, also as they are 1650mah the same as the canon ones I thought there would be less chance of them overheating compared to some of the higher capacity ones. But its always nice to hear from someone who has first hand experience of them. Do they have the seal on them?

I was looking at those and at about £25 for two I like the look of them, also as they are 1650mah the same as the canon ones I thought there would be less chance of them overheating compared to some of the higher capacity ones. But its always nice to hear from someone who has first hand experience of them. Do they have the seal on them?

the higher the mah rating doesn't make them over heat, it just means the battery is capable of producing xxxxmah (milli amp hour) which = if you use higher rated mah battery's than you need they will last longer than a lower rated one. Never use battery's rated lower than what the camera needs to run, it will get hot very quick.
The camera will only ever take the amount of power it needs to run.
yes they have the seal at the end.

They're out of stock at the moment, the last time I ordered an out of stock battery from them for a motorola v3 it turned up 4 months later.

my website smells of tinned pork products, and i will go and read the forum rules.

Back