Canon off camera flash cord EC-3

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone bought a Canon (compatible) OC-3 off camera flash cord from Link Delight or similar off ebay? Do they work well etc?

I have had the jessops version (a friend has it now) and an original OC-3.

No difference really except the 0C-3 has the waterproofing which I expect the link one has too.

I hated mine! Not long enough to get any decent distance off the camera without pulling the tripod over. It had the lead coming out of the right side too so that made it worse. In the end I gave in and bought the ST-E2. 'orrible thing!

(Sorry Janice that's not going to help but I truly hated it!)

I've just got one of these from Mango Island (ebay) : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320282059521

Seems Ok. Not had it long enough to say how reliable it is long term.

Its manufactured by YongNUo, came in a box with instructions.

Build quality is OK, I don't suppose it's as good as the Canon version, but I could buy 4 and throw them away and it would still only cost the same as the Canon version.

They could, of course, all be made in the same factory in China ? :naughty:

Not long enough to get any decent distance off the camera without pulling the tripod over
Yes they are short, but so is the 'official' version, I'm not sure if the reason for this is technical or because Canon want to sell ST-E2s !

I suspect it's a technical limitation as I would have thought the third party boys would be advertising longer lengths by now.

I've just got one of these from Mango Island (ebay) : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320282059521

Seems Ok. Not had it long enough to say how reliable it is long term.

Its manufactured by YongNUo, came in a box with instructions.

Build quality is OK, I don't suppose it's as good as the Canon version, but I could buy 4 and throw them away and it would still only cost the same as the Canon version.

They could, of course, all be made in the same factory in China ? :naughty:

I think I will go for one of these as I wont be using it over-often... but I will certainly be taping over the wonderful logo on the top with some nice black insulating tape!!! :D

Long thread on POTN about extending the cable with PS2 mini din plugs.

Another using RJ45 plugs here.

Wow
, useful links.

This might be worth a try over the winter.

I once converted a lead to make a Vivitar 283 flash work TTL with an Olympus OM2, the circuit sat in a film canister in the lead. The design came out of a magazine somewhere, worked great until I put Nicads in the flash and blew the circuit, :nuts: I assume I could have increased a resistor size somewhere but I didn't know the new value.

Back