Canon Outlet on Ebay

Edit My Images
Yes
I know Ebay tends to get some bad press on this forum and some of it justified but I thought I'd pass on my own experience with Canon Outlet which was extremely favourable. I have just started photography as a hobby and bought my camera from the Canon Outlet. The camera was a refurbished Canon 40D with the 17-55mm f.4 IS USM kit lens. I bought this at auction for about £630 and when it arrived it had an intermittent ERR99 fault so I notified the seller and they arranged to collect (at their cost) and credit me for the value and also sent me a link to order a replacement if I wanted to do so. I went ahead and the camera and lens cost me £523. This was a re-furbished camera although there was no evidence as the packaging was all pristine, the manuals, disks cables etc all unopened. At this price the camera represents fantastic value for money and comes with a 12 month manufacturers guarantee so really pleased with my purchase. Now all I need to do is learn how to use it!!

The Ebay trader is Canon uk1 and they only sell refurbished Canon products and the stock varies but based on my experience I would certainly recommend them. By the way I don't work or have any connection with either the trader or Canon (or Ebay) so this is just my unbiased opinion.

Ebay is fine as long as your careful and there are some good deals on there including things like these refurbs. Several other big companies use ebay to shift refurbs and old stock including richer sounds and jessops. Just watch out for the obviously stolen stuff like cameras with no battery chargers and usb leads etc.

so you are recommending a seller that sold you a faulty item?

although it sounds like they have woken up a bit since i used to deal with them. i used to buy a lot of stuff from them (about 25 items a month) and they were OK until anything went wrong (which it did quite a lot). When something went wrong then they were utterly utterly incompetent. I had to deal with them so much i became friends with the customer services manager who eventually quit because the company (digital river) were so crap.
In the end i just stopped buying anything from them.

if you do buy anything faulty from them, leave them a negative. they then use square trade to persuade you to withdraw it. Ask them for a 10% discount code in return for withdrawing the neg. I got a 20% discount from them once and spent it on a £3000 video camera which i went on to sell for the same price and pocketed the £600 quid profit.. small compensation for the hassle they caused me over the years

Ask them for a 10% discount code in return for withdrawing the neg.

No!!! Jesus wept, thats whats wrong with eBay nowadays, buyers blackmailing sellers to get cheaper deals!

He's commending a seller for their response and efforts to solve a problem, regardless of the implications of actually selling faulty goods.

Just don't blackmail sellers, those kind of ***** faces ruin everything. ****s sake................

/end

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Canon_UK1 to purchase my refurbed 350D and Kit lens.

Looks like new, packaged like new and a bargain too.

S

I run a business and there is generally a minimum expectation with regards to standards of service and rightfully so. Basically if you do everything well and nothing goes wrong, then job done and in the main, no commendations. Screw something up then job not done and complaints and disgruntled customers ensue. Real test of any orgnisation is how they deal with the second scenario and in this instance they dealt with my issues well and hence my recommendation. If I had experienced the problems encountered by Badgerbaiter then I have no doubt that my original post may have offered a different sentiment.

Why the h*ll do they have so many 1Ds Mk III's on there??!!

Hmm, seems they may still have a few more to come. I bid on one but didn't win, but within 7 mins of the auction ending got a second chance offer to buy at my highest bid. Hardly time for the winner to have failed to buy so must be another one they haven't yet listed unless there was something else going on of course.

How odd, the bidders on the next 3 or 4 they have for sale have remarkably similar bid histories.:shrug:

Canon outlet do seem to have quite a few 1DsMK3's at the moment, wonder if these were the returns with the wonky view finder.........

One just went for under £3000

No!!! Jesus wept, thats whats wrong with eBay nowadays, buyers blackmailing sellers to get cheaper deals!

He's commending a seller for their response and efforts to solve a problem, regardless of the implications of actually selling faulty goods.

Just don't blackmail sellers, those kind of ***** faces ruin everything. ****s sake................

/end

dont know if you read my post properly, but its canon outlet that use 'square trade' to try and get you to remove your negative. that means they try and persuade you to remove the deserved negative.
i wasnt suggesting you leave them a negative just to black mail them. i was suggesting you leave them a negative for refusing to refund you on a broken item, selling you a broken item, not replying to your e-mails and generally being crap. When they treat you like crap then you shouldnt withdraw your neg for nothing!!

i wasnt suggesting you leave them a negative just to black mail them. i was suggesting you leave them a negative for refusing to refund you on a broken item, selling you a broken item, not replying to your e-mails and generally being crap. When they treat you like crap then you shouldnt withdraw your neg for nothing!!

If they treat you that badly then surely you shouldn't withdraw your negative feedback for any amount of "bribery"

I've bought from Canon Outlet a couple of times, and been very happy.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was Canon themselves doing this, rather than a trader as such, although I amy be wrong on that.

Regardless, I would definitely use them again.

It is run by Digital River.

The Canon Outlet is operated by Digital River, the official and exclusive Canon-branded web reseller. Digital River has officially been appointed by Canon Europa N.V. to set up and run the Canon Outlet on eBay under the Canon brand. Digital River is fully supported and backed up by Canon. Items, store layout, content, warranty services and technical support are provided by Canon. Digital River meets strict service level requirements of Canon. Note: In order to facilitate the financial transactions, Digital River acts as the merchant of record.

You can say that again! :D

You can say that again! :D
If you insist!

It is run by Digital River.

The Canon Outlet is operated by Digital River, the official and exclusive Canon-branded web reseller. Digital River has officially been appointed by Canon Europa N.V. to set up and run the Canon Outlet on eBay under the Canon brand. Digital River is fully supported and backed up by Canon. Items, store layout, content, warranty services and technical support are provided by Canon. Digital River meets strict service level requirements of Canon. Note: In order to facilitate the financial transactions, Digital River acts as the merchant of record.

:bonk:

If they treat you that badly then surely you shouldn't withdraw your negative feedback for any amount of "bribery"
even when you can get £600 off a camera?
I'd like to see anyone turn that down!

the discount turned me from an unhappy customer to a happy one. so the negative wasnt relavant anymore LOL

the discount turned me from an unhappy customer to a happy one. so the negative wasnt relavant anymore LOL

I'm sorry, but I really don't agree with this. It defeats the whole point of feedback. Its wring regardless of how much money you made. Feedback is there to let others know about the seller, and by with drawing like that your letting other people go through similar bad experiences.

I'm not really sure about this. When I started the thread it was to endorse a supplier that had provided a good level of service even though initially there was a problem which they resolved. In your case it appears that your endorsement only came after you left them negative feedback and offered to remove it at a price. In my opinion this goes against the principle of feedback which should be negative where service or products are poor and no resolution is provided by the seller.

You got a good deal in the end but this should have been offered prior to your leaving the negative and not after. That's what defines a good seller not one that only responds to blackmail. Anyway, based on my experience, it looks like they may have learned a thing or two since your experience so perhaps we ought to thank you for being a catalyst to their improved customer service.

Back