Canon PowerShot SX50 HS

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello
I'm new on here.
Just out of interest, i'm interested to know what peoples opinions are on the Canon SX50. I have purchased one a week or two back. I had a go in the shop and read around a bit before hand. My main concern was that the ambitious zoom capability may sacrifice some (or a lot) of the image quality. So far, i'm impressed, but only had chance to have a play a few times.
In the end, I bit my lip and bought it!!!!
However I am struggling to find other peoples opinions on it as a camera and quality.
It would be good to hear what people who have used, discussed and read about this camera think? Especially as many are more experienced with photography on this forum.
I bought it with the intention of getting better close ups of wildlife with the 50X zoom.
Thanks
Paul
(y)

I had a look at the reviews as I was considering getting it as a second backup camera. The sx40 was well regarded and the sx50 got good reviews. Such a large zoom range will never be as good but what it suffered from most was CA beyond about half zoom. That's good as its the easiest distortion to remove post processing. For wildlife it looks a good option.

Back