Canon Printer not responding

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Having changed absolutely nothing on either printer or computer, it has decided out of the blue today it will not print. Eventually the canon utility pops up saying it's not responding. I suspect it's had it (perhaps it's wifi unit is kaput?) But just before I get it replaced, any suggestions? I've tried restoring factory settings on the printer and reinstalling the drivers on the computer and setting up again, but during setup it can't be found on the network and I can get no further.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Epson has decided not to work out of the blue. I have upgraded mac operating system to Mojave recently and so would like to blame that but no real clue...

If it is possibly just a wifi problem, can you not connect by USB at least to try it out?

My Canon printer can be a bit strange. The printer driver usually says that the printer is not connected (it is, with a USB cable) but I have no problems printing.

My Epson was like that a few weeks ago, very irritating ... I used it via USB for a few days and it eventually just sorted itself out.
Update clash? Possibly.

Bizarrely, my wife has just discovered our Samsung laser printer wont work either (USB connected, it shows up as a peripheral but a window pops up telling me it's not connected when I try to print). She remarked it was after a Windows update. I was going to look at it at the weekend.

After a recent Windows 10 update my Canon printers, connected by USB, started complaining wGoogleird errors or being non-responsive. Google found this to have been a common problem that I was required to fix by delving into settings menus and setting (resetting obviously) bidirectional communication with the printers. On other occasions when an OS update has disabled some previously working peripheral, often one or other printer, I've just had to reboot once or twice for the problem to go away.

It's in a completely different room to me, so USB connection isn't an option. It's under guarantee from Argos so it's no issue taking it back - the scanner portion has developed a fault anyway so it may as well get replaced.

Does your router have a WPS button, found that to be an easy way of connecting to my Canon printer.

Back