Canon R6 Issues

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all, so had my R6 now for about 2 months and the files in Lightroom are dreadful… in the library module, the files look blocky like there a 1mb file.. then when I go into develop it sharpens up and that but the noise is silly.. I mean for one of the best noise handling cameras it’s mad, I’ve heard Lightroom isn’t supporting canon cameras or something anymore? Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
I’d use the normal canon software but it’s horrendous! I love the workflow of Lightroom and photoshop and denoise but this noise is a issue.

The pictures below are
Flower
Bee 2500iso

surely there’s something that Adobe can do because the images look dreadful and only denoise can really do anything with it, although topaz denoise doesn’t work as good because it is handling so much more noise.. just stuck really…

Thanks for any help
Nick

Attachments

• 4E03A448-D889-4153-B287-6CD94099138B.jpeg
    4E03A448-D889-4153-B287-6CD94099138B.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 4B747424-7F41-4469-81D7-E956129BE9AE.jpeg
    4B747424-7F41-4469-81D7-E956129BE9AE.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 73
How have you got the camera set up re file size before taking any images ?

I have an R5 and don’t have any issues in LR. The issues between Adobe and LR are the in camera profiles, nothing to do with resolution within LR and that’s easily fixed buy buying a £15 profile pack.

what version or LR are you running?

I have an R5 and don’t have any issues in LR. The issues between Adobe and LR are the in camera profiles, nothing to do with resolution within LR and that’s easily fixed buy buying a £15 profile pack.

the latest one mate? Not sure what I’m doing with profiles and that?
Thanks
Nick

Maybe check your JPGs, if they are similar to the RAW files then it's a camera setting problem, if not then it could be the way they are imported into LR. I had the R6 for a couple of weeks and it's files are just gorgeous

Adobe do really take the mick...

Canon R5 and R6 use the latest Sony sensors found in Nikon Z camera's etc. Noise is not a feature of these new sensors.

I'd suggest to the OP using another software pack such as DXO deep prime and see the improvement.

What are your in-camera settings for your picture quality set at? Are these Jpegs from original RAW's?

What image type are you importing to LR?

Adobe do really take the mick...

Canon R5 and R6 use the latest Sony sensors found in Nikon Z camera's etc. Noise is not a feature of these new sensors.

I'd suggest to the OP using another software pack such as DXO deep prime and see the improvement.

As far as I know it's not Adobe taking the Mick, it's Canon.

I agree the noise on the R5 is virtually non existent until you really push the ISO to the upper limits.
What the OP is seeing doesn't look like your average noise especially with the grid pattern and certainly not something you would see at iso 2500

If the OP @Chilt wants to send me one of the raw files, I'm happy to see what it looks like in my LR

The grid is odd - is that the PDAF patter - although they seem too far apart to be the PFAF pixels and not really arranged in this way but it's very uniform which indicates an array or something on the sensor. Proper decoding probably interpolates this so it remains invisible. I wonder if a different RAW engine would show this or hide this.

Golly.

I haven't seen a grid of squares like that before but I did once see a grid of dots and it was down to a version of adobe DNG converter, I think. So my hope would be that this is software processing related rather than hardware related.

Wow.. That's big news. Source?!

If you share your RAW file for people to download may be people can try it different softwares.
You can try capture one free version yourself I believe.
I have LR and affinity (possibly older version of ON1 too)
I can try it on those.

LR for some reason do not have camera specific profiles for R5/6 which is annoying but I wouldn't think that'd cause the issues you are experiencing.

By the way noise reduction in LR is terrible (doesn't matter what camera) which is why I have turned it off. Just as you I have Denoise to do the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
Hey all, so had my R6 now for about 2 months and the files in Lightroom are dreadful… in the library module, the files look blocky like there a 1mb file.. then when I go into develop it sharpens up and that but the noise is silly.. I mean for one of the best noise handling cameras it’s mad, I’ve heard Lightroom isn’t supporting canon cameras or something anymore? Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
I’d use the normal canon software but it’s horrendous! I love the workflow of Lightroom and photoshop and denoise but this noise is a issue.

The pictures below are
Flower
Bee 2500iso

surely there’s something that Adobe can do because the images look dreadful and only denoise can really do anything with it, although topaz denoise doesn’t work as good because it is handling so much more noise.. just stuck really…

Thanks for any help
Nick
The images that you have posted are far too small to be of any real use. You need to upload the RAW files to Drop Box or somewhere similar, and then post a link to them.

not read the whole thread but try different software, i know for a fact that camera has very good noise performance

Back