Canon R6 (MK1) vs Panasonic S5 MK2

Name
Ronin
Edit My Images
No
Anyone had any experience and thoughts going from Canon R6 to Panasonic S5 MK2, I’m thinking of doing this change and seen good results from the S5M2 with the latest firmware as fat as Autofocus go’s.

I know it’s possible the use a Sigma MC-21 EF-L adapter but how good is it? It would be great to get reliable focus on my Canon EF Glass, 100-400 MK2 and 400 F4 DO Mk2.

Anyone had any experience and thoughts going from Canon R6 to Panasonic S5 MK2, I’m thinking of doing this change and seen good results from the S5M2 with the latest firmware as fat as Autofocus go’s.

I know it’s possible the use a Sigma MC-21 EF-L adapter but how good is it? It would be great to get reliable focus on my Canon EF Glass, 100-400 MK2 and 400 F4 DO Mk2.
1. R6 should give you a reliable focus and very high fps with electronic s***ter mode.
2. I appreciate S5II may have some minor extra features and is a slightly more user friendly shape to hold in hand but really why the change essentially like for like?
3. You are better off trying one in store or exhibition with your glass and decide if performance is acceptable for your work requirements.

1. R6 should give you a reliable focus and very high fps with electronic s***ter mode.
2. I appreciate S5II may have some minor extra features and is a slightly more user friendly shape to hold in hand but really why the change essentially like for like?
3. You are better off trying one in store or exhibition with your glass and decide if performance is acceptable for your work requirements.
Wise advice thanks, I’ve actually booked a loan from lumixloans (same people who loan Canon and Fuji) body, 70-300 and a Sigma EF-L adapter. I will see how it go’s then make a decision. I’ll probably end up buying an R6 MKII .

Back