Canon rebate: Is this normal?

Edit My Images
Yes
I submitted my Canon Rebate for a 40D (£100) in early August. It is listed on cashbackstatus as "We have received your submission and it is being processed."

Is this normal?

Mine took ages Theo - just seems to depend on how busy they are, mine was 'being processed' all that time, and then was shipped a few months after I recieved it - which was handy!

i waited over 2 month before i rang them, funnily enough they said it had just gone in the post that day and i got it 4 days later.

you should also receive an email from canon which contains a code so you can check the status of your cashback online.

Mine is exactly the same.

Apart from i set mine at the beginning of July.

Got an email a couple of weeks back apologising for the delay, and i should have it withing 20 days.

Last time I looked at their site regarding the offer it was a different address to the usual Irish address so reckoned they had changed their agent due to the long wait some of us including myself had to go through.

I'm still waiting for my cashback for a Speedlite 580 that I bought. It's well beyound their stated time frame. I've tried to chase it up with Canon but I just get the usual runaround, passed from one number to another, etc.

It's a bit annoying as I could certainly do with that cashback this past month.

Still waiting for mine for my 40D which was sent on the August 8th, I sent an email and got a reply on Sept 15th saying it would be with me shortly, 1 month later still no sign of it. Bit ridiculous really I mean how long can it take to check a receipt and barcode and stick a cheque in the post.

Sean

Last edited:
Sent them another email last night and got a reply today apologising for the delay and that my cheque would be posted tomorrow.

Back