Canon Remote Capture Software

MG TF 135

no chance of a new name
Name
Martyn
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to use this software a bit more during home studio work but find the short lead from the camera to my laptop restricting. Can anyone tell me if there is a reasonably inexpensive way completing the connection from camera to the USB port of my laptop wirelessly.

So it would be like a little bluetooth bit on the camera body zapping to a dongle in the USB port. (I'm not saying it should be bluetooth, i was just trying to think of an example method!)

Had a quick look on google but i don't think i'm being specific enough with descriptions.

Thanks all.

I fear your "reasonably inexpensive" idea may not work out.
I have been reading recently that wireless USB hubs are slowing making their way to the shops. It's still very new tech at the moment, best to wait a bit imo.

looky> http://www.news.com/2100-1041_3-6196713.html

Thats the best thing i can think of.

Alereon-wireless_550x578.jpg

USB has a length limit of 5m after which you need a powered active device, such as a hub, then you can go another 5m.

Or you get USB extenders which connect via cat5 cable - you can run upto 100m then and over standard structured cabling in a building.

USB has a length limit of 5m after which you need a powered active device, such as a hub, then you can go another 5m.

Or you get USB extenders which connect via cat5 cable - you can run upto 100m then and over standard structured cabling in a building.

The ones I linked above have a USB powered repeater built into the socket end of the cable.....no external power, just a socket that's a little bit bulkier than normal.

Bob

Mmmmm, cheers folks. Looks like i am going to have to wait a little longer for the wireless solution and jst get an extention. Its a shame as there must be many hobby togs like me that can't afford the pro set up and would snap up a budget version.

Back