canon S5 IS

Edit My Images
No
does anyone have one of these? I've noticed this camera around a bit recently, and like the fact that its like an DSLR but you dont need to cart around loads of lens. if you do have one, do you like it and would you recommend it?

i'm about to spend £250+ on a lens and thought this may be a better option for me at the mo.

what are your thoughts?

thanks for the links, off to have a look now

Bridge cameras are very good for the money. On the whole though, they won't give results as good as a DSLR. I think buying one now after having a DSLR would be a backwards step really...

Thanks for your honesty Ewan. your probably right. think i'm gonna stick to buying a lens for my D40x....it was just a thought i had, but then buying another camera would be a false economy as i already have a great camera at home.

Have you used a bridge/superzoom camera before? I moved to a DSLR a few weeks ago and have not looked back since. Everything is just so much more practical with a DSLR. You're making the right choice (y)

Gonna agree with you Ewan. I was impressed with the zoom range of the bridge cameras that were priced at £200 approx. However my D40x is a great camera so i'm gonna stick with getting a new lens. the problem though is which one LOL?

Back