Canon SELPHY CP910 or not?

Edit My Images
Yes
I am not very familiar with printer so would like to get some advices/suggestions from you all. Recently I would like to do some home printing but don't want to spend a fortune, mainly for my scrapbook. I have looked into the Canon Selphy CP910, reasons to pick this one are the price and the convenience, as I just need to pick up the paper set which includes the ink so it is kind of plug and play. The downsize is that the maximum print size is 4'' x 6'' but I understand there is give or take, so I can live with that. Secondly, it is able to print credit card size prints which I like but I have to buy the extra paper cassette.

Basically I am looking for something small, easy to use and cheap to run, possible to print different sizes up to 8'' x 6''. Do you have any recommendation of other printers? or the Canon CP910 is my best bet for my requirements? Thanks in advance.

The Canon Selphy range will not print bigger than 6x4 and from memory if you want credit card size prints you need a credit card size set of paper and ink and you need to buy the credit card paper holder. I use a Canon Selphy CP900 myself and love the wee thing and when I need smaller prints I resize them in the print module in lightroom and cut them out with scissors. The 108 sheet pack is usually around £25 on Amazon so about 24p per print.

I'm thinking of buying one, but I've read that it doesn't print to the EDGE of the paper? If so, I'm out. Can anyone confirm either way please?

I had one of these Canon Selphy printers. I'm afraid I can't remember the specific model, perhaps it was a 8XX series. Mine printed to the edge, but only from inserting an SD (And not being able to view the preview on the screen)

I ended up throwing it out as it wasn't compatible with Windows 8, nor would Canon update the drivers for it to work. Windows 7 Drivers were not compatible however you tried to fudge it.
Hopefully its different to this one though.

I'm thinking of buying one, but I've read that it doesn't print to the EDGE of the paper? If so, I'm out. Can anyone confirm either way please?

IIRC they can be set to print with a border (thus showing the whole DSLR [3:2 ratio] image) or without (which does a little cropping but does fill the final print when the "ears" on either end [short sides] are torn off along the perforations). I use mine (710 IIRC!) to print postcards of my own shots when on holiday. I have a couple of hundred sheets of the KP XXX IP paper left which is slightly heavier weight than the "normal" paper and is pre-printed on the reverse as a post card. I use mine either direct from the cameras (PictBridge) or using CF or old, low capacity SD cards since mine predates SDHC. Colours are pretty good and accurate and being dye sub, there's NO liquid ink to spill! (A huge bonus if it's in a suitcase in the hold!)

Thanks gents. Waiting for the price to drop again. Has been £60 over last few weeks.

Back