Canon serial number Camera body

Name
Roz
Edit My Images
No
I bought my Canon 7d new from Jessops 2 years ago and havent really had cause to check its serial number until this week when I've had a few issues with the camera malfunctioning. It has no serial number stamped on the underneath of the body, where the canon sticker is and the silver strip where it should be is totally blank. It hasnt rubbed off or been damaged it all looks pristine just no number. i have a serial number on the box which matches the embedded exif data within the camera using DPP and on the Jessops receipt. I'm just wondering if anyone else's camera is without a serial stamped on the body and the implications ?

Not much help but just checked mine as I also bought it from Jessops approx 2 years ago and mine has the serial no on it :( if the exif matches the receipt, box and exif you should be fine.

thx NM I am in dialogue with Canon as I had an extended warranty on this and the insurers were querying honouring the warranty without the body being stamped. I would be interested in how many other cameras are stamped or not I have a friend whose 60d is not stamped either and was bought new in uk too.

There have been a few reports of bodies with serial numbers, Roz, and even ones where the EXIF didn't match the one on the body. There has also been an occasion where the owner was actually looking at the bottom of the battery grip and not the camera body!

Bob

Back