Canon Speedlight 430 II

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I can anybody help?? I've recently bought this flash and thought it would be able to be triggered by my canon 550d wirelessly but the camera doesn't have this built in so need a trigger and reciever. Any recommendations please???
Mark

Take a look at Canon ST-E2 Transmitter. It works on infrared signals, much like 7D does with pop up flash.

If you want radio triggers then rf602 are good if you know how to use the flash in manual mode. Radio triggers with ETTL functions will cost a lot more.

pixel soldiers are also v good for the money, around £40 or if you want ettl pixel king are around £100

Get a 580EX or 580 EXII then you can use that as a master and the 480 as a slave and keep eTTL .

There seems to be limitations on the ST-E2 in how it has to be positioned - have a read off the manual online....I'm not speaking from experience however - I believe you can get a knock-off cheaper copy on ebay too.

Cheap flash triggers are all well and good if you don't mind manually setting your flash.

Depends what you want to shoot....

I guess portraits indoor / home studio type would benefit from manual flash anyway - but if like me it's just to try new ideas and do shots of the kids etc then I think you need to retain ettl as light / composition etc could be fast changing...

Hope some of that helps....

I have the Calumet receiver and trigger. Around £40 for the set and compatible with several makes of cameras.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all your replies, I think I'll have to start with the triggers you've recommended to begin with then work my way up to the 580 flash as I've limited funds at the moment (Christmas & 4 children lol)

Thanks again everyone for your help :)

Back