Canon Spring Cashback - LATE PAYMENTS!

I emailed Canon over the weekend to say I hadn't had my cheque. I left it 28 days from the claim date as suggested. Got an email back on Monday (they work Bank Holidays? Really ?!) saying a cheque had been sent on the 1st May. Got worried at that point...where was it?

Another email received on Tuesday saying a cheque had been sent, but to allow 14 days for it to arrive. Wow. Were they sending it by pony express or personal messenger on foot?

Cheque arrived yesterday.

Tut, tut. Bit of a fiasco eh, Canon UK? Must do better next time.

Last edited:
I have claimed Nikon cashback twice and both times were approved and arrived within a week :p

It comes on a prepaid card but don't mind that really.

My partner had an e mail a couple of weeks ago and it finally arrived in her account this week. 2 months after FOCUS.... wonder how much they make delaying payments like this. Still, it has arrived.

Well, still haven't received my cheque but i can see that my name has been corrected and the request to print the cheque has been raised.

I suppose i should be pleased...

28 days for me is the 4the June lets see how far over they are! They have all the details for a BT so no excuses needed.

Last Monday was my 28 days, spoke to them on the phone to be told it would be in the bank. So far no funds and delaying tactics on the phone, could be a while me thinks.

Canon are playing a bit of a dodgy game here. I did the cashback offer for 2 items (it was me who started this thread). I received the 'technical difficulties' email and got paid the cashback on the same day as everyone else that was complaining at the time, which was long overdue. I then immediately bought another cashback item, and the whole process has repeated itself. the day before the payment was due, I receive an identical 'technical difficulties' email as the first one I got.

It obvious that what Canon are in fact doing, is piling up all the cashback claims, sending out false 'technical difficulties' emails, then making one huge payout at a time. The whole cashback scheme obviously being run over 2 big payouts.

This is fine except they aren't making this cear when you buy the goods. Instead they are just feeding us a pack of lies to cover up what they are really doing.
They know if they tell us the way the schee really works, some people won't buy into it

What they have done is very deceptive and i'm not even sure is legal. I really wanted people to take this to watchdog, just to give them some bad publicity which they really deserve.

I'm really disappointed with Canon, this is a pretty awful way to treat good customers.

I will be calling them again in the morning, if they can not give an accurate answer I will log a complaint on the watchdog thread linking to this pot and I'm sure a couple of others ill be able to find on the web.

Canon UK gave me a contact number for cashback queries. 0800 044 3251. Very helpful agent.

My claim about a month ago just went into a black hole, and they didn't receive anything! Advised to re-submit so now have fingers crossed that something will happen, at least I have received the automated acknowledgement email.

David

Edit - Claim approved 45 minutes after submission!!!!!!!

Last edited:
David, the conformation for me was about the same, 40 USB days later to pay out.

read all these posts with interest.. seems like most of you have been paid which is great! however, for me the story is different.. im still waiting over three months since I submitted my claim!
going to try the cashback query line that was posted earlier.. wish me luck!! :(

Back