Canon SX700HS

Edit My Images
Yes
My SX700HS often disappoints when zoomed in. Often failing to focus. It did go back to Canon soon after I purchased so the operation has been checked.
Does anyone have experience of the later model SX730 or 740? Interested to know if the technology has been updated on the focus at full zoom.

I am considering upgrading and would be interested to know of anyone who is pleased with theirs?

Any other suggestions on a good Super Zoom would be welcome.

Last edited:
Does it fail to focus or is it just that the zoomed image is a bit grainy and fuzzy?

I haven’t used this specific camera but the sensor on this and similar models is really small and coupled with a long focal range the optics of the lens are a bit of a compromise.

If you want to stick with Canon, you could try a G3X. Sadly long since discontinued but I don’t think they ever released a newer version as they were concentrating on mirrorless

Does it fail to focus or is it just that the zoomed image is a bit grainy and fuzzy?

I haven’t used this specific camera but the sensor on this and similar models is really small and coupled with a long focal range the optics of the lens are a bit of a compromise.

If you want to stick with Canon, you could try a G3X. Sadly long since discontinued but I don’t think they ever released a newer version as they were concentrating on mirrorless

I second the G3X. If you don't need fast continuous shooting, or AF and are happy with a sedentary pace, I hugely recommend the G3X. Slightly miss mine but needs must!

Both. Thanks for the replies.

Yep. That’s pretty standard for superzooms with tiny sensors at long focal lengths, possibly with a bit of vibration too.

Last edited:
Back