Canon to replace the 300D...

S

Steve

The PMA show is Feb. 20-23 in Orlando, FL. This is where Canon and the other big names introduce new products.

http://pma2005.pmai.org/

Any guesses on what Canon will announce?

I think it is a foregone conclusion that the successor to the 300D will be announced. The 300D is a consumer-oriented product (not targeted to professionals), and it has been out through 2 Christmas seasons (the biggest sale time of the year). While the Canon freaks like it immensely, the Nikon D70 is pretty good competition, and the new Minolta and Olympus DSLRs are out. Canon cannot rest on its laurels - they must provide fresh product to stay in the lead.

I think the writing is on the wall - the black model was released to put a little life into an aging model, and the rebates have been there to get some interest and clear out the stocks.

Latest word is that the next 300D will be the 350D, with 8 megapixels (no surprise there). Any guesses at other specs or new products?

There are lots of other rumours circulating as usual at this time of year, keep your eyes open, the next few weeks will be very interesting. ;)

The 300D replacent will be to the 20D what the 300D is to the the 10D.

A plastic body, less features, same CCD.

I know that there wont be any dramatic changes that will make me want to go out and buy one as my next camera will be something a bit more beefy than a 300D replacement ;)

Its always an intersting time tho at these shows to see the upcoming new gadgets :)

Canon are also releasing just over 20 digi-cams this year so it will interesting to see what the new Point & shoots will be like.

Maybe a Canon S2 IS and Pro2

Back