Canon update

Name
Deeps
Edit My Images
Yes
Can you get newer software updates for canons. Like you would on other digital items????

Hmmm, if only somebody would invent something that allowed you to search for particular items on the interwebs. Then stuff like this would be easy to find. They could call it Goggle, or something like that.

Hmmm, if only somebody would invent something that allowed you to search for particular items on the interwebs. Then stuff like this would be easy to find. They could call it Goggle, or something like that.

Thank for the advice..........I've invented a search engine and would you believe this, I typed in the words "Canon Camera Support" and found this

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/

I don't want to call my search engine Google, that name will never catch on and will never make me any money:bonk:

Ian

Just to clarify a point - do you mean firmware updates for your camera or updates for the software that came with your camera? (The answer is yes in both cases.)

I got to be honest new people come here for help and there are people who help then its you bunch of ****s in this thread, get a grip lads and inflate your ego's somewhere else, try it with your wives or partners so you can be a real man. :)

If you dont want to help dont answer I enjoy it here at TP, but some people think they above it!!!

Rant over :)

Last edited:
I got to be honest new people come here for help and there are people who help then its you bunch of ****s in this thread,
Get a grip. The internet is 20+ years old. The number of people that come on here and ask questions that putting a similar phrase into google that would get an answer is astounding. New people or not, they really should be internet savvy....

Asking if a product can be updated is kinda like asking if you can buy stuff online....

Did ever occur to you that new people like to interact with other people, google doesn't offer that.

I got to be honest new people come here for help and there are people who help then its you bunch of ****s in this thread, get a grip lads and inflate your ego's somewhere else, try it with your wives or partners so you can be a real man. :)

If you dont want to help dont answer I enjoy it here at TP, but some people think they above it!!!

Yup. Gotta agree with you there. You'd expect this sort of snottiness over at DPR but it sticks in the throat here.

Bad show.

Baden187 said:

Great post, this place is supposed to be a friendly photography forum, not a place for egos to jump on what they deem to be an unworthy question. What happened to the only stupid question being the one you don't ask?

Did ever occur to you that new people like to interact with other people, google doesn't offer that.
Yup..... but to have a decent conversation it helps if you have some level of understanding of how to find out what's going on in the world ;)

:plus1:

Yup..... but to have a decent conversation it helps if you have some level of understanding of how to find out what's going on in the world ;)

I agree with you so one way is to communicate, like asking questions ;)

arad85 said:
That only applies after you have done some research ;)

Thought posting a camera related question on a photography website would be classed as research :shrug:

:plus1:

Not everyone is internet savvy.
Well, perhaps it's time to get internet savvy... ;) The internet is here to stay and I'm not your google biatch (unless it is something I don't understand either ;))

Well, perhaps it's time to get internet savvy... ;) The internet is here to stay and I'm not your google biatch (unless it is something I don't understand either ;))

Step by step... heres a good start (y)

Easy way to not be a google biatch would be not to add negative comments to a perfectly legitimate question...

Easy way to not be a google biatch would be not to add negative comments to a perfectly legitimate question...
All questions are legitimate... it's just whether they deserve a reasonable response....

Baden187 said:

I agree with you mate... People need solid sensible advice...

On a couple of occasions I have asked questions on here that I could have quite simply searched on google. However, I asked them here as I felt this community would give the soundest advice without a personal interest. Let's face it, a vast number of google, yahoo search returns are sponsored pages which don't always tend to be unbiased. With regard to the OPs type of question , as has already been said, using this forum rather than a search engine usually evokes interaction. This isn't a place for belittling someone for choosing to come to the forum that boasts friendly advice and interaction . If you don't like the nature if questions being asked, or if you don't find them challenging or stimulating enough you don't have to reply .

hollis_f said:

So you try and be cleaver because some one ask some thing that they can find on Google...

and Google is that big you can find every thing on it..

Which 90% you can!

What's the point of having a forum??

And cleaver boy try using Google.. and you might find a lot of the search results come from forums..... so by putting helpfull responses helps forum users and search engine users

And helpfull response might impress people who found us on via a search engine And decide to join and make the forum community bigger... and that's what makes a forum........

Not cocky response that put people straight of.....

Ok a beginner question to a good tog might sound stupid but a good tog question to a pro will sound stupid................

So unless your the best tog in the world you will have ask stupid question to some one and a question you can find on Google...

So decide weather you want to be in tp or Google...

But stop being a cock...

Last edited:
This forum is supposed to be helpful. If you have your head so far up your own arses that you don't want to offer help then why not keep shtum instead of giving patronising or sarcastic replies.

On a couple of occasions I have asked questions on here that I could have quite simply searched on google. However, I asked them here as I felt this community would give the soundest advice without a personal interest. Let's face it, a vast number of google, yahoo search returns are sponsored pages which don't always tend to be unbiased. With regard to the OPs type of question , as has already been said, using this forum rather than a search engine usually evokes interaction. This isn't a place for belittling someone for choosing to come to the forum that boasts friendly advice and interaction . If you don't like the nature if questions being asked, or if you don't find them challenging or stimulating enough you don't have to reply .

Nicely put Martin !!

In answer to your question:

I did update the firmware to both my cameras yesterday. My first endeavour was to obviously head to the Canon website, search for my camera under Support/Downloads, which revealed nothing. You can however download the updates for your software from here. I searched quite a bit and couldn't find anything....
In the Google search, I entered my camera ie 'Canon 5D Mk2 firmware', and it took me right to the page... at the bottom, click 'I Agree', and then you will see instructions on how to update firmware.pdf and at the bottom, you will see the link, right click and save the zipped file.... (extract the contents etc...)

Good luck...

This thread is useless without pictures.

Well, perhaps it's time to get internet savvy... ;)

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life. Until the self-appointed do-gooders, who've never actually caught a fish in their lives, start bleating about your withdrawl of the man's free fish allocation and insist that you never again give any fish-related training.

hello all

thanks to all those that helped, its why i use tp forums, i shall continue to ask for help when needed, if you don't want to help please don't bother replying

cheers

hello all

thanks to all those that helped, its why i use tp forums, i shall continue to ask for help when needed, if you don't want to help please don't bother replying

cheers

Well said (y)

Some of the replies you had were a disgrace.

Yes, I agree..................

You clobbered the OP for not using Google yet start threads asking for advice on photographing textile products, asking for small bag suggestions, asking for advice on equipment for a US raod trip, advice on bag suggestions and advice about tripods.

A bit 'pot and kettle' that's all Andy.

A question is a question - we all have them and like you I've asked loads on here.

Last edited:
<sigh>...... Have a look here: http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=software+updates+for+canons&qscrl=1

If you want to pander to people who can't write the same thing into googles search box (take a look, I've used exactly the same wording as the OP did in the first post) then more fool you........

By the way does anyone know what the most expensive Canon lens is?

The next time you are tempted to ask ANY question on here I suggest you take your own advice and don't bother, just google it.

Back