Canon VS Canon

Hi

Setting aside the base specifications..........

The T6i or 2000D in the UK market is an entry level dSLR compared to the 7D top spec crop body and the 5D full frame body

More cross type focus points
Faster AF
Better C-AF
Magesium alloy bodies vs polycarbonate
Pentaprism vs Pentamirror
Greater FPS burst speed
Weather sealing
......others I cannot recall right now....?

Yes, you may find some specs are identical or even present in the T6i and not the others (due to release date and/or relevance to the target market sector.................................but the price point is not just about one aspect of the specs but the "whole" and what you wish to use the camera for and expect of it???

Did I note in your profile that you have the T6i, what is it about your camera that you are asking the question?

I was only curious as to whether the 7D or the 5D take better all around pictures. I mean the 7&5 D's are in the $1000 and $2000 range they must have a lot more to offer or it wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money to get the same quality of pictures as the T6i ?

Looks like the price on the comparison website is the new price when launched not current price. 7D is more than 10 years old so real price today would be much less than quoted.

A Tata Nano is a car, it'll get you from A to B - launch price was $2500 in 2008. Why do they sell Rolls-Royce cars?

Same argument.

multiple threads merged and tidied. Please don't post the same question in multiple areas of the forum, thanks.

I was only curious as to whether the 7D or the 5D take better all around pictures. I mean the 7&5 D's are in the $1000 and $2000 range they must have a lot more to offer or it wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money to get the same quality of pictures as the T6i ?
If all you're after is the final image then no it probably wouldn't, although the 5D's will have better image quality due to it being full frame. But there's far more to a camera than the image sensor that captures the final image, as Box Brownie pointed out in the second post. Not everyone needs such features, but some do. I for example wouldn't buy a camera without weather sealing. Fast reliable autofocus with good tracking is also something I look for.

As mentioned by BoxBrownie,
More cross type focus points
Faster AF
Better C-AF
Magesium alloy bodies vs polycarbonate
Pentaprism vs Pentamirror
Greater FPS burst speed
Weather sealing
duel memory card slots,
more function settings that can be customised

This is were the money is being invested on and for more extreme events like motorracing, airshows, wildlife, and even macro are for more esy when using 5Dx ro 7Dx

Back