Canon Winter Cashback 2019 problems?

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone, other than myself, experienced any issues with the current Canon Cashback promotion with their claims being rejected for various reasons; e.g. product not included in offer despite being clearly present on the promotion website, unable to read product serial number on an electronic copy of the original receipt,meta?

All very disappointing, overall cust service levels are plummeting!

J

Was it a UK purchase?

Yes to both of the above, it’s reference the current winter 2020 promotion.

Looks like this promotion
GEAR UP FOR WINTER WITH OUR AMAZING CASHBACK OFFERS. - Canon UK

It has been a while since I used Canon but did make the occasional Cash Back claim and they went through OK.

However, you may be aware that they use (or used to?) a 3rd party company to administer the promotions (i.e. nothing to do with Canon customer service) and the process is very "prescriptive". As in you said you bought in the UK but was it one of the Participating Dealers?

I do recall reading of failed claims.................and of those few some were sorted by making contact asking what more you could do to sort it i.e. if as you say the product is listed but they are refuting it, a screengrab to say "heh, look at here".

All the best with sortng it out :)

PS what were you treating yourself to?

Apparently a ‘known issue’...... dealer endeavouring to resolve with their Canon rep......

We’ll see.

And Canon have now confirmed the claim to be accepted and approved, so looks like sales spoke to marketing spoke to fulfilment agency.

Perhaps a little more internal comms before upsetting the customers, remember them, might be advisable in the future.

Again, we’ll see, as still not actually paid yet as, in the 21st century, it appears to take from four to six weeks to process a bank transfer. Then again, the fulfilment agency did appear to be on another planet :)

And Canon have now confirmed the claim to be accepted and approved, so looks like sales spoke to marketing spoke to fulfilment agency.

Perhaps a little more internal comms before upsetting the customers, remember them, might be advisable in the future.

Again, we’ll see, as still not actually paid yet as, in the 21st century, it appears to take from four to six weeks to process a bank transfer. Then again, the fulfilment agency did appear to be on another planet :)

Some years back I did read a cynical suggestion that the way the fulfillment companies are paid is too make it as frustrating as possible to reduce the cost of the promotion...........conspiracy theorist at that time, perhaps :LOL:

But I am pleased that all being well you get the Cash back 'promised'. :)

Nah, couldn’t possibly be true.......

(Although I understand the actual take up of ‘cash backs’ or any other promotion requiring an action on the part of the purchaser to complete is remarkably low, hence their popularity with the various manufacturers).

They deliberately delay the payment to stop people claiming it and then returning the product to retailer. This is common to almost all cash back promotions.

Still waiting for Canon cashback payment - reasons so far include not enough staff, transfer from abroad, but haven mentioned the global pandemic yet. A delay to prevent the ‘return to retailer’ scam is acceptable, eg Fuji specifically state claims cannot be made until 30 days after the date of purchase, but at this rate the products will have been discontinued before Canon pay!

Just because Canon appears to be the only camera manufacturer not in the process of going bust shouldn’t be a reason for non-existent customer service...... if there are staff to write platitudinous emails they could execute a bant transfer instead!

If anyone from Canon reads this, take note.

Back