Canon with adjustable touchscreen and continuous AF?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a Canon that has a flippable screen (preferably touch) and also supports continuous AF in video?

I've got a friend who has a 550D but finds the lack of continuous AF in video annoying. Do they need specific lenses for this though too? I know the AF on my 550D is slow and noisy anyway, so can't imagine it being any quieter or fast with continuous AF?

700d or 750d would do the job nicely for you in this instance the stm lenses are designed for video

The 70D is good for video and it tracks subjects in video mode and its touch screen with a flip out screen

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a Canon that has a flippable screen (preferably touch) and also supports continuous AF in video?

I've got a friend who has a 550D but finds the lack of continuous AF in video annoying. Do they need specific lenses for this though too? I know the AF on my 550D is slow and noisy anyway, so can't imagine it being any quieter or fast with continuous AF?
Just to point out, the AF that's slow and noisy is the lens not the camera.

That said, the 70d has the on sensor AF for video which is supposed to be a game changer.

I upgraded from the 550D to the 70D and I'm very pleased with it. The video part has great continuous focus.

Another for the 70d, the focus pull feature is very smart.

I have the 700D and the focus in live view with the STM kens is phenomenally quick and utterly silent. Rather impressed!

Back