Can't calibrate my screen v's new PC

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
OK, I'm using a Lenovo All-in-One PC, I use Photoshop CC and LR. But I can't calibrate my screen as it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card. My prints are always far darker then what's on my screen, so I've to drastically brighten (by about 30-40 on the brighten slider) my images before I print them. So, I'm looking for a PC, that doesn't break the bank (up to £700) where I can calibrate the screen. Do I need a PC with a graphics card to calibrate a screen?

OK, I'm using a Lenovo All-in-One PC, I use Photoshop CC and LR. But I can't calibrate my screen as it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card. My prints are always far darker then what's on my screen, so I've to drastically brighten (by about 30-40 on the brighten slider) my images before I print them. So, I'm looking for a PC, that doesn't break the bank (up to £700) where I can calibrate the screen. Do I need a PC with a graphics card to calibrate a screen?

Looking at one AIO spec it has Intel (onchip?) Graphics and discrete Radeon Graphics.......so why do you say you cannot calibrate it? What have used to try to that leads you to say there is a problem???

If I have misread the spec.........what exact model do you have?

It's a Lenovo C30.

The C30 as far as I read it is not an AIO device it is PC aimed the workstation market.

It does not have onboard video but will not function without an optional graphics card i.e you must have bought it with one of the many nVidia cards available at the time of its sale! Therefore just what have you connected your monitor to........................how about taking a picture of it so show the C30 box and the where on the back the monitor is connected to???

Edit ~ having said that I found a Gumtree offering of the Lenovo C30-40 AIO................................ o_O If something like that it has onboard graphics, so again I ask ~ just how have you tried to calibrate it and why do you say it did not work??? I know of no reason that onboard cannot be calibrated???

It's 100% an AIO.
The reason I thought I couldn't use a calibration device was because there's no dedicated graphics card, just an on-board type.
Anyway, I have the screen calibrated now having used a Syder4Pro.

Thx for all feedback.

It's 100% an AIO.
The reason I thought I couldn't use a calibration device was because there's no dedicated graphics card, just an on-board type.

Thx for all feedback.

Good to know that you resolved the problem :)

It's 100% an AIO.

Thx for all feedback.
Was it a stark difference?

Back