Cant decide between...

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Cant decide whether to get the Canon 5d mk3 the Nikon d600 or D800?
Anyone got experience with these?
Must admit im wavering for the canon.

have you looked at the 6D ? and spending the difference on glass ? what will you be shooting ? if you prefer canon and are used to it stick to it but i do hear good things about nikon these days (but you wont get me buying one ;) )

have you looked at the 6D ? and spending the difference on glass ? what will you be shooting ? if you prefer canon and are used to it stick to it but i do hear good things about nikon these days (but you wont get me buying one ;) )

Its for Equestrian, general family , kids, pets etc, and sceneries, must admit Im use to a canon and im feeling more for the mk3,
Ive not looked at the 6d?

Last edited:
If you already have lenses with your current set up that you can use as well as accessories such as flash guns etc, then it seems common sense to stick with canon and go for the 5D3.
I have no brand loyalty so I'm not biased when it comes to buying camera's, I just go for what suits me and my needs the best.

i have a D800 but i don't take it out when i do equestrian stuff, i take my D7100 crop and a 70-200 lens with a 24-70 in the car in case the show jumping fences are a little close. Ask yourself, do you need decent glass? If you do, get glass first, then get a body later on. A second hand 7D would do you well.

i have a D800 but i don't take it out when i do equestrian stuff, i take my D7100 crop and a 70-200 lens with a 24-70 in the car in case the show jumping fences are a little close. Ask yourself, do you need decent glass? If you do, get glass first, then get a body later on. A second hand 7D would do you well.

I would still go FF for showjumping to cater for indoor events for high ISO handling. Indoor showjumping locals are always, without fail, very underlit making shooting tricky.

I would still go FF for showjumping to cater for indoor events for high ISO handling. Indoor showjumping locals are always, without fail, very underlit making shooting tricky.

Thankyou, think im going for canon 5d3 :)
Ive got few canon lens, although have to save for mk 2 big lens after....just no satifying me :LOL:

True, it helps, but the D7100 is still pretty good on a high ISO, i don't however do many indoor events.

I am not easily pleased. I bought a 5D3, its stunning. For me its perfection in a camera
Maybe hire one? And then decide. My L series lens seem to have got better since swapping from 5D mk 1, so I am not sure about getting glass before body.

Since you are already used to Canon, the 5D3 is the obvious choice here.

Much as I love my beautiful D800E :p

I think looking at the specs of all 3...

The 5D3 is the more rounded and for me, better camera.

If I didn't hate the canon ergonomics so much I might be their customer... especially since the 70D was announced!

Anyway, if it were me and I didn't mind the control etc of both brands... I'd probably opt for the canon.

Back