Can't get it all in? Then do a pano.

excalibur2

My F4's Broken...
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Simple panos with film is easy and I'm a novice at this :-

ensinor 24mm lens, Fuji superia 100 asa, supermarket scan:- just copy the files from the CD into Photoshop, adjust the brightness, exposure or spots or whatever, then select photomerge and..................................................

first shot
CNV00007-1000px.jpg

2nd shot
CNV00009-1000px.jpg

Photomerge and crop
Panorama2-1.jpg

My first pano (not this one) got a lot of erm informative criticism on another forum, so thought it pointless posting here...but now I know it's so easy will use it at times.
While near the castle I didn't need a pano for this shot but wished I switched from the ensinor 24mm to a zoom and tried some innovative ideas with the girls.
CNV00010-1000px.jpg

Really nice first shot, might consider pano's myself in the future. Nice second shot too by the way :)

Really nice first shot, might consider pano's myself in the future. Nice second shot too by the way :)

Thanks....all very handy when you can't step back far enough, and once I get skilful will use panos more e.g. 4-6 shots of a scene with a 50-80mm lens could look better than one shot with a 24mm lens. (y)

I've found that shooting a series of shots at around 40-50mm in portrait orientation works well for "natural looking" panoramas, anything much wider that and you end up getting all sorts of distortion effects.

I've found that shooting a series of shots at around 40-50mm in portrait orientation works well for "natural looking" panoramas, anything much wider that and you end up getting all sorts of distortion effects.

Probably because the human eyes are about that magnification, but Photoshop is clever as in shot one and two, the tower is leaning but PS straightened it. (y)

Last edited:
Any more panos from anybody...post your film panos here :)

#3 for me, I bet it looked pretty in colour. If I get any good at panos will try with the RB67 to use that big muscle neg for quality.

Next stage but have a crooked roof problem ( the house roof is straight)

Five shot pano, 35mm camera held vertical with 35mm Canon lens:-
Panorama2-1000px.jpg

Three shot pano with 24mm Sigma lens:-
Panoramasig2sig-1000px.jpg

and all those who want to see my row of tomatoes pano...put your hand up.

...and more panos hurrah?

Ibiza Bossa beach OOD Reala Asda dev and scan

Panorama3-1000px.jpg

Panorama8-1000px.jpg

And it's amazing how Photoshop chooses what to use and stitches:-
1st shot
Canon28mmfdn131000px.jpg

2nd shot
Canon28mmfdn141000px.jpg

Pano
Panorama6-1000px.jpg

Back