Can't mount any non "G" lens to my D60! Help!

Name
Andy Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Very strange problem here - if I try to mount any non "G" lens on my D60 (ie Tamron 28-75, Nikkor 17-35 or 28-105mm all tried) the lens does not "lock" correctly into place and the camera reports no lens attached!

G-lens mount fine (70-300 VR, 18-70 DX tried).

However if I mount a non "G" AF-D lens with an aperture ring and unlock the aperture ring to less than maximum (ie set the ring from f/22 to f/18) then I can then mount the lens OK (lens click into place in the mount, obviously can't shoot like that)

So something is blocking the mount, but I can't see anything wrong (see pic!) The key thing is that if the lens has an aperture ring, it won't fully mount!

DSCF0167-mount.jpg

To summarise:

-"G" lens mount fine, and the lens clicks into place and works fine
-Non G lens will not mount fully, do not click into place
-If I set the non-G lens to less than f/22 then I can then mount the lens!

Everything mounts OK to my Fuji S5 Pro so its not a lens problem!

Any thoughts, I'm sure I should be able to fix this myself, I'd rather my D60 not disappear in the blackhole that is Nikon UK :biggrin:

TIA

Damned odd Andy. Must be very frustrating, because they should fit no problem, in fact I'm sure you've had them fitted before. I can't see any reason either looking at the pic.

Very strange!

Apparently that pin is only used on lens with an aperture ring.

Actually I justed checked and all the non-"G" lens have a little black tab on the rear lens mount, whereas the "G" lens don't have that tab at all.

Back