Canterbury 1956

Edit My Images
Yes
StourCantabury.jpg

River Stour at Canterbury - a regular haunt out on my bike during the summer holidays.
Another taken on the Zeiss folding Nettar when I was about 15. Schooled by my father on composition before rules of thirds had been invented.
Worries me that i have been taking pictures for about 60 years and still haven't learnt much!​

Would love to see it in colour:nuts:

(y)

That's nice, would have been great without the iron work on the left.

Would love to see it in colour:nuts:

(y)
In those days all I could afford on my pocket money was b&w film that I could process and print myself. Colour processing back in the 1950's was very expensive and quite rare to see. I am making a list of my old haunts to return one day, but expect to see this view blighted by high rise offices and retail outlets.

I'm trying to work out where that shot was taken from. I am always in Canterbury and just can't place it from the angles?

fangman and nictry ( and anyone else of course ) when we doing a meet in canterbury then ? really enjoy seeing your pictues fangman by the way .

fangman and nictry ( and anyone else of course ) when we doing a meet in canterbury then ? really enjoy seeing your pictues fangman by the way .

Now there is an idea, TBH there seems to be quite a few SE Kent posters on the forums, unusual for a national forum actually but maybe photography just brings us southerners out :LOL:

Thanks for posting the update - The river looks so bland now - just upstream had my first go at tickling trout - looks more like a muddy canal. Used to skinny-dip along near Fordham - that's where the church tilts as far as i can remember - but it over 50 years ago!

Back