Capercaillie

Very nice Mark!... am slightly distracted by the out of focus tree trunk..but it's still a good image all the same...

Very nice Mark!... am slightly distracted by the out of focus tree trunk..but it's still a good image all the same...
I shot this so that it was there as i wanted a more voyour type image in woodland. I already had the non obstructed images in the bag so wanted this type of shot but i know what you mean about the tree-might have been better if it was smaller but hey you get what you get with these rare birds.

I shot this so that it was there as i wanted a more voyour type image in woodland. I already had the non obstructed images in the bag so wanted this type of shot but i know what you mean about the tree-might have been better if it was smaller but hey you get what you get with these rare birds.
Yes, I do agree.. sometimes the rarity of the bird, and getting an image outweighs a few distractions overall.

lovely ,personally i would have done a square crop to get rid of the oof tree .but its your choice

lovely ,personally i would have done a square crop to get rid of the oof tree .but its your choice

As mentioned above i have way to many without trees in the foreground already hence why i did it this way. Thanks for the comnents and suggestions.

the detail and colours in the bird Mark are really good as is the position that you have caught - the dusting of snow also adds well to the habitat and appeal - it's a bugger about the OOF tree, I would certainly not include it as it is too dominant and really takes your eye away from the bird

just a suggestion again mark ,i just tried by holding a sheet of paper against the image ,turn it into a 5x7 which still leaves some of the OOF tree in it ,then clone from the other tree to make it look more natural .

Nice work Mark, lovely detail to the bird and boy it must have been cold lying on that ground hats off to !

Back