Capercallie

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of shots from over 300 i managed today of a wild Capercallie. Had a great day out with some friends (Alan and Alistair) and saw one of my birds on my bucket list (Scottish Capercallie).

Capercallie_zps9d1a3209.jpg

Capercallie2_zpsf6cba197.jpg

Capercallie1_zps1c382d28.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking shots Markyboy.1967
Arnie strikes again, :clap: knocked a photographers hat clean off his head a couple of days ago.
Great images.
Cheers Gordon.

Hi Markyboy.1967,
Sure was :clap:, he can make grown men run like little girls, so tell Alan not to feel so bad.
Cheers Gordon.

Hahahahaha I lay there and took it like a man ;) who was the one scared to go near it????? ;) Great day and one of if not tyhe best wildlife experience Ive had in 37 years. Hers sevearl of mine as I dont want to clutter the forum with another thread.

8438101805_9e959aeb1b_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Now that's a proper bird, brilliant image and the snow adds plenty to a fine shot :clap:

Great pictures Alan,
Not sure how you got such brilliant images while running, :LOL: i think he probably had you all running before he started to pose.
Cracking images and good to see Arnie is still fighting fit, he also has some ladies not far away.
Great stuff.
Gordon.

Great group of pictures, the comments and look of the bird had me do a little video hunting I can't believe the sound they make!

Thank you for sharing and introducing me to this bird

Great stuff guys

A Benny Hill style 'chase' video would have been nice though.

Wow. :eek:
thanks for sharing, those shots are excellent what a lovely subject. :clap:

great shots mark like these a lot better than all the owl shot we see here , but thats just my personel opinion

Great shots, how much bottle has that bird got, I'm happy if I can get within 30 feet of something!

mark
take a trip out to the owl centre at polkemet country park in whitburn west lothian and get all the owl shots you want

Very well exposed images and composed of a very rare and lonley bird. I am glad you only took images of it from a distant and never disturbered it in its natural habitat....!!

:crying:

MD

Back