Capitol Hill Busker

Name
Pat
Edit My Images
Yes
9518763879_8b9457c1da_z.jpg

Nice, at first glance looks like he is sitting in a wheelchair, great character study.

Have you posted this image before, Pat? Im sure I've seen this image on TP :thinking: or maybe I've seen it on Flickr, but the image doesn't link to it so I cant tell. I do like it though, the facial expression is great and as frank pointed out, it does look like he's in a wheelchair at first glance. A very good photograph I think.

It's a haunting image for me. I was with my son on Capitol Hill in Seattle, going through a farmer's market, when I see this guy sitting there playing. I think people like him add a great deal to the life of a city, and so I dropped a few dollars in his box. He looked right up at me and started playing even louder.

I don't know if he was resentful at having to do this to make ends meet, or if he was grateful for the cash, or if he was just trying to give me my money's worth, but it's an image of a person possibly in difficult circumstances, but with his pride intact, and finding a way to bring something to people that they would be willing to pay for.

It's probably the best street portrait I've done. And yes, it's on Flickr.

Back