Captain America Commission

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
Commissioned by a Captain America fan to re-produce a comic book cover! Why can't all jobs be this much fun!

Lighting is a 120cm profold octabox as key, with rim lighting from gridded softboxes (all lencarta). All monoblocks Lencarta elitepro600's. Triggers RF602's. Canon 5DMkII with 24-70 F2.8.

C&C Welcome

Processed in photoshop. Back back ground is just some tree's from near my house and other than the fire being a stock image, all hand drawn using photoshop brushes.

Captain America 1 - V0 by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Last edited:
"A bit?!"....;)

Just a little, I started trading off comics and collectible figures a few month back with a tattoo artist down the road , ran out of room, or rooms to store stuff, hardly anything left now.

wow thats awesome :clap::clap:

Matt get your batman suit on Im coming up :D

Les :p

That's an excellent creation - really like that - am sure the client is pleased too! :)

Excellent work!! I hope he paid proper money for it! :)

Very good job, this project suits your processing style perfectly too. May I ask how many hours of PP?

That is the superlative of cool. What a fantastic job to get.

Very very very good work

Love it.

Now - my hero is Victor Meldrew. Can you do one of me please? ;)

Dav

Nice work Marcus, probably my fav of your composites so far. You've done a great job - nice cutout, use of light and colour balance (y)

Just superb! Can I only view on phone is my imac had had an accident. Wish I could view it bigger!

That's bloody well awesome. Great work and your client, or whoever it was who had that idea is a genius!

wow thats awesome :clap::clap:

Matt get your batman suit on Im coming up :D

Les :p

Awesome. I hope you and Matt can get together to do a Batman one.

I did note Matt didn't mention a Wonder Woman outfit though. :)

Wow! Can't believe the comments coming in so would like to thank everyone!

I'll only shoot Matt if he has a Wonder Woman outfit!

Count me in on that session :LOL::LOL:

Les :D

Hahahaha what have I started lol! I'm more of a superwoman kinda man if that makes sense, my top half isn't sufficient enough to pull off wonder women haha.

Matt

Thanks again to everyone. Normally like to thank everyone individually but doing this on TP app and LOTS to thank!

To answer the question about processing time About four hours I reckon. What didnt help was I liked one shot of his face but the shield wasn't positioned well, so masked and took the shield from a variant of this pose. It however allowed me to process it a bit differently to make it less like the great art piece it was, to something that had been through a bit of 'pain'.

Thank you!

Spectacularly brilliant. That is all!

S

ps I'll join the queue to see wonder woman/superwoman!!!

Really good Marcus :)

Great job! I saw this earlier on Facebook and gave it a like!
If I had one criticism it would be that I don't like the pure white bullet shapes but otherwise its a fantastic image and i bet the guy is dead chuffed!

Last edited:
Every so often someone comes along and raises the bar yet another notch to inspire the rest of us. Stunning image

There are some images on here that really stand out, that has to be one of the best images I have seen :)

I have to say I'm a little taken aback by the comments (in a goood way!). Struggling with my humbleness to believe it all but just want to say a big thank you to everyone. I've been working for 16 months continually pushing my photoshop and arty skills to understand what makes a good and bad built composite making a few howlers along the way, but really satisfying that for at least this image, it seems to be getting to a reasonable level.

Thank you.

Back