Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Hi,

I've been thinking about this one a lot -

I like the connection and disconnection, the wheels at the bottom and the heads at the top...

and I wondered if it worked better with a tighter crop, like this...

Well spotted! That works for me as it's balanced better. One person in the middle, three on the left, three on the right. I think I prefer your take on it. It also takes out the wasted piece of road at the front, as well as the entirely unbalanced top section.

Good suggestion. However, personally I prefer garry's original because there's three elements all in pairs. Two policemen, two models on the JD poster and finally two mannequins top right.

Thanks, Lee, but for me that top section is unbalanced and I wish I'd taken a closer look. These days I don't seem to have much time to think about possible crops.

Thanks, Lee, but for me that top section is unbalanced and I wish I'd taken a closer look. These days I don't seem to have much time to think about possible crops.

Fair comment, garry. It's all personal opinion anyway and to me, both yours and Pound Coin's versions work well. :)

Thanks, George. The end of the guitar was moving around and came out blurred, but I think it looks like a Martin, is that right?

Yes it is a "Martin Guitar" Garry, it's hard to tell which actual model it it is from your shot but it looks like a cutaway model which hasn't quite got the full bodied tone of the other models but is still very nice to play especially if you need to get picking some of the higher notes. Still a very nice guitar though by any standards.

TP_Bike_old_man.jpg

Chinatown

Not strictly a capture a stranger photo but seems the closest thread to post it. A bit of noise in this photo if zoomed, but I quite liked the scene.

Chinatown, London by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Very nice shot Lee, of an area in Chinatown I know very well. I've never seen those gazebo things outside that restaurant before though.

Very nice shot Lee, of an area in Chinatown I know very well. I've never seen those gazebo things outside that restaurant before though.

Thanks George. Yes, I never saw those tents before either. They added to the colours though. :)

That's a "Cracking" candid street style shot Lee, great idea & well presented.

Thanks very much George, much appreciated.

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London UK of a busy street deliberately shot out of focus to try and create a kinda illusion of movement and the hustle & bustle of a "Busy Street".

Busy Street-03552 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

Back