Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

I'm attracted to candid street photography and there are some great examples in this thread, but I think they would be helped if we knew something of the context. For example where was the photo was taken, was it a special event, what the author sees in the image, etc.

Also as I'm keen to learn from the experts, it would be very helpful if technical details of equipment and technique could be included.

Graham.

I'm attracted to candid street photography and there are some great examples in this thread, but I think they would be helped if we knew something of the context. For example where was the photo was taken, was it a special event, what the author sees in the image, etc.

Bookstalls under Waterloo bridge.

Decide on composition, take position, wait for the right moment.

I need a bench, opposite these benches... and I could just spend the day there. He had his eyes closed when I started to take shots, but people got in the way - this one however I think works and adds context/framing

FQ2A8606 by dancook1982, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good set Dan & had to smile at the lady far right on second - she looks like she's about to do a 'footballers snot clear out'*** so you may have missed that by pressing the shutter a split second too soon :LOL:

***What a horrible way to describe this - is there a more used easier to understand way :thinking:

Dan are you sure it shouldn't have been called Footballers Wife's ;)

But what a range of facial expressions - sneer on the left, middle two looking at cracks in the pavement in case their high heels get stuck & then the right side one just catching sight of you & trying a slight smirky smile :clap:

Dan are you sure it shouldn't have been called Footballers Wife's ;)

But what a range of facial expressions - sneer on the left, middle two looking at cracks in the pavement in case their high heels get stuck & then the right side one just catching sight of you & trying a slight smirky smile :clap:

Sneering at that little kid it seems :D

Last edited:
Dan good job I looked in this thread or I may have missed your shots :eek:

Spamming what are you talking about - you start as many new threads as you want (y)

As always I like todays set - you've not been playing with Photo Shop in number 6 have you - girls hair from auburn to puuuurple :eek:

Dan good job I looked in this thread or I may have missed your shots :eek:

Spamming what are you talking about - you start as many new threads as you want (y)

As always I like todays set - you've not been playing with Photo Shop in number 6 have you - girls hair from auburn to puuuurple :eek:

Nope it's her 'natural' hair colour :D

Hi Dan, I like the first two (Outdoor Office & Odd Pair Of Shoes) very much.(y)

If you don't mind me saying I'm not too keen on the other two. I am a great fan of your work but for me they do not appear to have the bite in them that I normally see in your images. Only my opinion of course for what it's worth.

Hi Dan, I like the first two (Outdoor Office & Odd Pair Of Shoes) very much.(y)
If you don't mind me saying I'm not too keen on the other two. I am a great fan of your work but for me they do not appear to have the bite in them that I normally see in your images. Only my opinion of course for what it's worth.

Thanks, I could concur the last one in particular wasn't so keen on composition and failed focus. I wondered if people would wonder what was going on :) he called down from the top of scaffolding and posed for a photo.

Ooooo the red haired girl is giving you the evil eye which makes the shot. I'm also liking those of the musician especially the second one with the intensity in his face. :clap:

Rob enjoyable to look through your set. I took a second look at the brolly shot before I spotted the man with the sandwich boards AND brolly - funny. (y)

Garry love the one men in red shoes - perhaps a pair may suit me ;)

Dan I always like & look forward to your shots -again up to your usual high standards (y)

:D ahh I just love it when you set me up for a fall.. especially as I'm about to post some 'out of my normal comfort zone' photographs :)

I'm waiting - you want to see what I'm up to on the macro.

We've all bought clip on macro lens for our mobile phones at a princely sum of £4.99 & trying to get a few macro shots with it :eek:

Dan very well spotted - little boys are made of ????? & little girls are made of ????? - can't remember the details but really well funny my lad :clap:

Dan - beaten is more like a 'one horse race' - you are the winner & the second & (I guess) the last :)

Back