Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Thanks George. Haha, it's just very interesting walking around Soho in the evening, lots of nice lights, and buzzing with people. :)

Yeah !!! I bet it is, ;) ;) but I wouldn't know as I've lived a very sheltered life. :angelic: :):):)

"Villiers Street"

Just a simple candid/landscape type Snapograph captured at London UK of an elevated view of Villiers Street. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap to emphasise the contre-jour light.

Villiers Street-03582 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

Last edited:
"Cracking" candid street style capture Lee, pushes all the buttons for me.

Thank you George :)

I love this one, Lee. :)
And one extra thing I like about your photos is that I recognise where many of them were taken.

Thanks very much garry. Yes, as I'm sure you guessed, Pret A Man was outside Kings Cross station at night, and balloons was I think Angus Steak House in Piccadilly at night. :) While I was in Piccadilly, I strolled down Haymarket just to find where that place was where ben shot his red photos with the 'Byron' sign and the awnings and I found it. It's just before the theatre where Only Fools & Horses is. Not that I intend to take any shots of it, but it's just interesting to see other people's locations and stand in the exact spot they probably took their shot :)

it's just interesting to see other people's locations and stand in the exact spot they probably took their shot :)

Yes, and to see how the light is and, in some cases, to see if it could be a good backdrop for more shots, e.g. hoardings and posters, like the ones along Oxford St where they're redeveloping, or angles and corners where a beam of light might make things interesting. I started a list of possible locations some time ago, and then forgot all about it! :D

I was at a candlelit vigil with Richard Ratcliffe, whose wife Nazanin is under house arrest by the Iranian government. She was a charity worker, teaching journalism students and was accused of spying. This was back in about 2016 and the situation still hasn't been resolved, despite talks between the UK's Foreign Office and Iran. They have a daughter, Gabriella, who is now seven years old. Richard is on day 11 of a hunger strike for the second time, but seems in good spirits. Gabriella and Richard's sister, Rachel, were there to keep him company, and he's been visited by a number of celebrities including actor Sam West, who let us know about the vigil on Twitter.

Here are three photos that I took, all of them published under the Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication licence, to be used as free, royalty-free stock photos. All were taken well before I spoke to Richard and are candid shots.

Richard Ratcliffe - 1 by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Richard Ratcliffe - 2 by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Richard Ratcliffe - 3 by Garry Knight, on Flickr

That's a good candid street style capture Lee, well seen & timed with the colour of the guy's jacket being picked up by the colour of some of the verticals.

Thanks George. (y)

Gosh I didn't know we had a well known famous photographer amongst us. ;) :):)

I visited the Regents Street Motor show with my wife on Saturday for a bit of street photography and two totally separate photographers stopped me and asked if I was @garryknight as they new he shot Fuji-X and that was the same make that I was using. I said to both of them that I new of such a person but had never knowingly seen or met the guy, but if we were talking about the same Garry Knight then I do believe he shoots on a Fuji X-E2 and this unit is an X-H1.

One of them asked me who I was and I just said I'm the not so famous G.K.Jnr, and he said oh!! that's what you look like and probably out if kindness said he liked my work as well, so I guess he must have been from TP or Flickr.

Last edited:
we were talking about the same Garry Knight then I do believe he shoots on a Fuji X-E2 and this unit is an X-H1.

:D Ha! Thankfully I'm not famous, though one person did ask me a few years ago if she could sign up for some lessons, as she thought I was Gary (one-R) Knight, the well-known photojournalist. I can see I'm going to have to change my disguise!

:D Ha! Thankfully I'm not famous, though one person did ask me a few years ago if she could sign up for some lessons, as she thought I was Gary (one-R) Knight, the well-known photojournalist. I can see I'm going to have to change my disguise!

Just out of interest Garry, were you at the Regents Street motor show on Saturday?

Three nice candid street style captures Roger, with #1 clearly being the strongest for me with the sad expression on the guy's face and then looking at the sign.
Thanks George, sadly it didn't take too long for someone with a soulful face to appear. :(

"Street Preachers" "This snap made Explore on Saturday" :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of some "Street Preachers".
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

I've been creating some of my own presets as (I don't like using the ready made stuff) and this is the first snap I've posted using one of my own presets.

Street Preachers-03586 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Very nice candid street style capture Lee, great idea & works well. Even I have worked out where that was captured.
Thanks George. Yep, not too cryptic. :D

Yes. The end of Broadwick Street, by Carnaby Street. I managed to get a shot of a young woman with a pony tail walking past the young woman with a pony tail, a year or so ago. It's also a favourite for tourist selfies, I've noticed.

Spot on, garry. Oh nice, pony tail meets tail. Post it if you still have it, I'd love to see that.

Nice fishy, that's a great piece of art.

"Street Preachers" "This snap made Explore on Saturday" :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of some "Street Preachers".
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

I've been creating some of my own presets as (I don't like using the ready made stuff) and this is the first snap I've posted using one of my own presets.

Street Preachers-03586 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Very nice, George, and I like your wide crop, there's lots to look at in the composition. As to the subject matter, all I can I say is, thank GOD I'm an atheist.

Very nice, George, and I like your wide crop, there's lots to look at in the composition. As to the subject matter, all I can I say is, thank GOD I'm an atheist.

Thank you kindly Lee, appreciate your reply.

Back