Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

"Taking A Selfie"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured in London UK of a couple of young ladies taking a selfie.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

Taking A Selfie (1)-03587 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)
The daily dose of self-gratification...

"Taking A Selfie"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured in London UK of a couple of young ladies taking a selfie.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

Taking A Selfie (1)-03587 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

This new higher contrast style of yours is really working nicely, George. It's demonstrated well in the sunglasses where you've given them an excellent deep black and high gloss reflections.
:cool:(y)

This new higher contrast style of yours is really working nicely, George. It's demonstrated well in the sunglasses where you've given them an excellent deep black and high gloss reflections.
:cool:(y)

Thank you kindly Lee, appreciate your reply.

"Still a bit more tweakin' to go but as they say I'm gettin' there slowly" :)

I was in Leicester Square last week beginning my street photography walk in the afternoon and noticed a crew in the afternoon setting things up (lights, red carpet and barriers) outside the Odeon. "Oh!" I thought, "What's going on here then?" Turns out there was going to be a world premiere in the evening of Lady Gaga's new movie starring her, Al Pacino, Jeremey Irons and a few others. I went away to do some street and came back later to see if I could get some celebrity photos. I couldn't see anything because all the barriers were covered and there was tons of security. Didn't think I'd get any pics. But I held my camera high as I could to peer over the barriers and got some shots almost sight unseen. Proper paparazzi I am now. :D (Apologies for posting half a dozen).

Everyone Went Gaga!

Everyone Went Gaga! (7) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (1) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (2) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (5) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (3) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (6) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was in Leicester Square last week beginning my street photography walk in the afternoon and noticed a crew in the afternoon setting things up (lights, red carpet and barriers) outside the Odeon. "Oh!" I thought, "What's going on here then?" Turns out there was going to be a world premiere in the evening of Lady Gaga's new movie starring her, Al Pacino, Jeremey Irons and a few others. I went away to do some street and came back later to see if I could get some celebrity photos. I couldn't see anything because all the barriers were covered and there was tons of security. Didn't think I'd get any pics. But I held my camera high as I could to peer over the barriers and got some shots almost sight unseen. Proper paparazzi I am now. :D (Apologies for posting half a dozen).

Everyone Went Gaga!

Well done, great opportunity taken and some good shots there too, despite the barriers. :clap:

Well done, great opportunity taken and some good shots there too, despite the barriers. :clap:
Thanks gramps. Was a lot of fun. :) Tried to sell to the tabloids but I was too late, all the pro togs had already got theirs over.

Last edited:
Thanks gramps. Was a lot of fun. :) Tried to sell to the tabloids but I was too late, all the pro togs had already got theirs over.
Ah well, at least you can reap the glory on here :LOL:

"London Bus Ride (1)"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of some folk passing by on a "London Bus".

London Bus Ride (1)-03588 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

"Street Artist"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at the South Bank London UK of a guy doing a bit of landscape painting.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Street Artist-03589 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

"Two Of A Kind" "This snap made Explore" :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of a young lady walking towards me with her reflection in a shop window.

Two Of A Kind-03579 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

I like it that you can see the lady wearing the black trousers in the reflection, but not on the street

I like it that you can see the lady wearing the black trousers in the reflection, but not on the street

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, appreciate your reply.

Everyone Went Gaga!

#2 & #6 .... absolute beauts.

Very nice candid street style capture Lee, strangely enough it reminds of the well known Elvis Presley stance with the microphone stand in his hand.
Thanks George. Haha, funnily enough I was thinking the same thing as you. Or perhaps even James Dean as it was in Dean Street. :D

Reminds me of Saul Leiter, a little. Great catch!

Thanks garry, that's a lovely compliment. :) Saul Leiter/Josh K Jackson style photos are basically what are influencing me for night time compositions.

I was in london this past week, new challenge for me to go out and photograph strangers. Really enjoyed spending my evenings exploring.

by hardaker44, on Flickr[/URL]

Two very nice candid street style captures Dayle, particularly liking the first one.

Back