Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

I was in london this past week, new challenge for me to go out and photograph strangers. Really enjoyed spending my evenings exploring.

by hardaker44, on Flickr[/URL]

Came back to this one and gave it a bit more time.
The girl on the bike looks quite anxious and no surprise with the menacing eyes behind her ... no need to worry though, her 'guardian angel' is watching over her. :)

Came back to this one and gave it a bit more time.
The girl on the bike looks quite anxious and no surprise with the menacing eyes behind her ... no need to worry though, her 'guardian angel' is watching over her. :)
Exactly that, no cyclists were harmed during the making! but I thought those 3 elements worked well and were worth sharing. The second one I was amazed at how still the subject was and managed a long exposure as a bus passed by.
Really new thing for me to do (stranger/street) thank you for appreciating them.

"Solo Walker"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of a guy out walking on his own.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Solo Walk-03590 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

Very nice candid street style capture Lee, the lady sure does have a shocked expression on her face.

Thanks George. :)

I read somewhere that place is an STD clinic :D

Lol Ben, yes, I believe you're correct! :D

"Solo Walker"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of a guy out walking on his own.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Solo Walk-03590 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

I love this one George. Nice isolated shot of the man, good angle and excellent shadow, kind of like a human sundial.

I love this one George. Nice isolated shot of the man, good angle and excellent shadow, kind of like a human sundial.

Thank you kindly Lee, appreciate your reply.

Very nice candid street style capture Lee, especially with the two ladies evenly placed on the steps.
Thanks George. I had just received a new Sigma 18-50 zoom f2.8 lens that day, so immediately went out to test it and this was one of the first shots with it. It's a lovely bit of glass. (y)

Very nice, Lee. Excellent timing, excellent framing, excellent toning.
Thanks very much garry. I thought it better in colour as the top woman's clothes and bag are not too dissimilar to the colour of the little Swallow badge on the wall, and the lamp at top left. :)

My wife wants to do a trip to "Borough Market" this coming Saturday which is good for me as I've usually had some reasonable street style snaps from past visits. One thing I have also noticed is there's also some sort of Christmas Market by the Thames near London Bridge. Does anybody know anything about this? ie is it worth a visit seeing’s we'll already be in the area, and finally if we were to walk towards London Bridge would we be able to get down to it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

My wife wants to do a trip to "Borough Market" this coming Saturday which is good for me as I've usually had some reasonable street style snaps from past visits. One thing I have also noticed is there's also some sort of Christmas Market by the Thames near London Bridge. Does anybody know anything about this? ie is it worth a visit seeing’s we'll already be in the area, and finally if we were to walk towards London Bridge would we be able to get down to it?

Wish I could help George but I'm afraid I don't know about that Christmas Market.

It's there every year (though possibly not in 2020), and it usually starts somewhere up near Tower Bridge. If you get onto The Queen's Walk (the part of the riverside walk that goes under Tower bridge and all the way to Lambeth, you'll get a lot of opportunities for street photography.

I recommend that you start at Potters Fields, which you can get to from Tooley Street. I don't know the buses in that area but it's a 10-minute walk from London Bridge Station.

Thank you kindly Garry, appreciate your reply.

"So if we were to come out of London Bridge Stn at the Tooley St entrance and turn right we should eventually end up at Potters Fields on the left, would that be correct ? Sorry to be a pain only I'm not too familiar with that part of London.

Wish I could help George but I'm afraid I don't know about that Christmas Market.

Thank you kindly Lee, appreciate your reply.

"I only heard about it yesterday, but I think with Garry's help we've got a pretty good idea that it's worth a look"

Thank you kindly Garry, appreciate your reply.

"So if we were to come out of London Bridge Stn at the Tooley St entrance and turn right we should eventually end up at Potters Fields on the left, would that be correct ? Sorry to be a pain only I'm not too familiar with that part of London.

Yes, that’s right. About 10-15 minutes walk, depending on your walking speed.

Back